2023-2024 Blues Multi-Purpose Thread

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Whose decision was it to have Dvorsky play in Sweden to start the season?

Was it Steen’s? I’m sure he had some input, but I’d like to know the weight of Steen’s input.
He signed with Oskarshamn about a week before the draft so the Blues would’ve had no part of that decision. So I’d guess it was a joint decision between Dvorsky and his agent.

In hindsight, it was the wrong call. Should’ve just stuck with AIK or another Allsvenskan team.

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Whose decision was it to have Dvorsky play in Sweden to start the season?

Was it Steen’s? I’m sure he had some input, but I’d like to know the weight of Steen’s input.

He was under contract with his team so we decided to let him play it out and then apparently they were f***ing up his development so we bought out his contract and brought him to NA. AFAIK

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
He was under contract with his team so we decided to let him play it out and then apparently they were f***ing up his development so we bought out his contract and brought him to NA. AFAIK
Did we buy out the contract? I thought it was just mutually terminated?

In the end, doesn’t really matter to me as it’s not my money but I thought Oskarshamn was more than fine just letting him go.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX

In the end, doesn’t really matter to me as it’s not my money but I thought Oskarshamn was more than fine just letting him go.
yeah, pretty sure player and team agreed to a mutual termination. i don't think we would be permitted to buy it out under cba anyway.

Reactions: Stupendous Yappi

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis

yeah, pretty sure player and team agreed to a mutual termination. i don't think we would be permitted to buy it out under cba anyway.

I really don't know either way, I just assumed we paid the team he was with to get him out.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Yeah, thinking about it a little more, I bet it’s all covered by the NHL Transfer Agreement. So the Blues paid $381k when they signed Dvorsky. My guess is AIK and Oskarshamn split that amount.

Reactions: Blueston

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
Technically, teams cannot help players get out of contracts in Europe/Russia. If they do, that is tampering and I think the team either gets fined or they could lose a draft pick or something wild like that. If the player wants to get out of the contract, I believe they have to buy it out themselves or I'm assuming they can mutually terminate the contract.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Technically, teams cannot help players get out of contracts in Europe/Russia. If they do, that is tampering and I think the team either gets fined or they could lose a draft pick or something wild like that. If the player wants to get out of the contract, I believe they have to buy it out themselves or I'm assuming they can mutually terminate the contract.
That’d be true in Russia or any other country without a Transfer Agreement. But the NHL has a Transfer Agreement with Sweden. Basically means the NHL team pays the agreed upon rate (currently $381k) and any SHL contract doesn’t matter. That’s what the Swedish Ice Hockey Association agreed to.

ezcreepin

Dec 5, 2016
That’d be true in Russia or any other country without a Transfer Agreement. But the NHL has a Transfer Agreement with Sweden. Basically means the NHL team pays the agreed upon rate (currently $381k) and any SHL contract doesn’t matter. That’s what the Swedish Ice Hockey Association agreed to.
I thought this happened (player buying out contract) with the Leafs some time ago with one of Loov, Borgman, Rosen, Johnsson, Lindholm, or Lehtonen? I thought for sure it was either Borgman or Rosen, but I guess all of their contracts expired?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad