Prospect Info: 2023-2024 Rangers Prospects Thread (Prospect Stats in Post #1; Updated 05.07.2024)

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
He has good hands and has flashed some really skillful stuff that you wouldn't expect from someone with his profile (slick hands in tight, tape to tape passes from his back hand, etc) and is adept at using his size to separate players from the puck, his reach to strip pucks away from the opposition (and will make plays off of this) and it helps that he's a f***ing house and takes up so much space. I think @eco's bones made the comp first, but he's got a bunch of similarities to Brian Boyle.

He's not "seek and destroy" ala Rempe but he's got bite in his game too. He's really interesting and even though he was drafted as an over ager, his numbers for a 19 year old in that league are more than respectable (and flat out good over his last 25-30 games including his current playoff run.)

Like him, Laba and Chmelar a ton as bottom 6 options moving forward. Laba is probably the best of that group of Roobroeck might play higher than a 4th line too (Chmelar I have less confidence in doing so, but I love his profile as a 4th liner.)
He's a willing fighter when needed, too.

Roobroeck, as said, is just more proof to me that we need to be prioritizing at LEAST one gigantic semi-skilled guy each draft in the mid rounds. Great type of developmental prospect. We've already hit with Rempe and Edstrom.

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I get it, and I usually don't like to judge kids that (in his case) are like 13-17. That's unfair. I think back to what I did as a kid, what my friends did...we'd be banned from every f***ing sport, no doubt.

My thing with guys like Connelly is, there's a lot of shit that's followed him. I read that Athletic article above and I had heard most but not all of that stuff, and then there's stuff that I've heard that isn't in the article. If you're using a first on a guy like him, you need to be pretty damn sure that it's all just "regular kid shit" and not something indicative of true personality flaws. Because that stuff only gets magnified as you move up.

If some team firmly believes it was just immaturity and he'll grow out of it, then he's definitely worth a pick. With what I've read and heard, I'd be very hesitant to take that gamble.

Zero interest in the first round. We dealt with that cancer Tony DeAngelo already. I don't need the forward version of him on this team any time soon.

Hell, I'd only touch him in the second or third if he showed serious remorse.

I wouldn't be surprised if some teams consider him undraftable.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Max McCue is such a di@k.
What do you think Grier wants for him?

He is not with the Sharks anymore. He is with the Bluejackets. Bluejackets signed him after Rangers let him walk after prospect camp. Stupid decision.

Rangers had their chance and blew it. Like with Goodrow, they will sign him when he is 29 after a big NHL playoffs 😂

• Wow

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Just because he went to our development camp doesn't mean that McCue didn't have something already on the table from the Bluejackets. There are always things that we won't see or hear. From McCue's perspective as well......want to get to the NHL? what avenues are open to do it as fast as possible? Would it be easier to make it on the Bluejackets or on the Rangers right now? His decision could have been as simple as that he felt he had a better chance with Columbus. But also there are hundreds of potential unsigned Euros, College and CHL players at any given time and 32 NHL teams to mull them all over. Every time another team signs someone doesn't mean we've missed out on someone and a final point is a team can only carry 50 NHL contracts at the same time so a team has to be circumspect about the free agents they do sign.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Goodrow was acquired in a trade, just to be clear ;)

Rangers had Goodrow in 2012 during Development Camp.

Screenshot_20240512-183617_Brave.jpg

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

Rangers had Goodrow in 2012 during Development Camp.

View attachment 869417

Yes, I'm aware. I am referring to this:

Like with Goodrow, they will sign him when he is 29 after a big NHL playoffs 😂

Goodrow wasn't signed by us. He was acquired in a trade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad