Prospect Info: 2023-24 prospect information - BUT WHERE ARE THEY GOING TO PLAY?!

Prospect polls starting on 2/3 - what to do with #1?

• Get the formality over with and give Nikishin #1

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Start at the #1 prospect vote and give room for debate at the spot

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
It's interesting he has a very high opinion of our prospects while also saying we don't have anyone who projects to be a star, including Nikishin.
I think it’s relative to our draft position and have guys that are star capable. Thats pretty good drafting. We have a lot of guys who are nhl capable and again thats really good based on our drafting position

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
It's interesting he has a very high opinion of our prospects while also saying we don't have anyone who projects to be a star, including Nikishin.
It could just be your perceived definition of “star” vs his. If Nikishin comes over and is the next Skjei, we hit a grand slam. But his definition of “star” may be Makar, which Nikishin will never be.

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
It could just be your perceived definition of “star” vs his. If Nikishin comes over and is the next Skjei, we hit a grand slam. But his definition of “star” may be Makar, which Nikishin will never be.
If he was Brady Skjei, but with the ability to crush unsuspecting opponents into the next stratosphere, then I'd consider that pretty damn good. Maybe even more overall effective than a Makar? Possibly. There's more to winning hockey games than pure offense. He brings it all and then some. Never been more excited for the arrival of a prospect. And all for a 3rd round pick.....just ridiculous.

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
I'm an optimist re: Nikishin thinking he will be more than Skjei. I expect he will offer similar or better offensive stats (he does have a rocket) + a strong/mean physical element that our defense doesn't currently have & makes the rest of the League beware.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
I'm an optimist re: Nikishin thinking he will be more than Skjei. I expect he will offer similar or better offensive stats (he does have a rocket) + a strong/mean physical element that our defense doesn't currently have & makes the rest of the League beware.
So...more of a Scott Stevens?

I'm kidding...but wouldn't that be nice?

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
But his definition of “star” may be Makar, which Nikishin will never be.
Don’t be so sure

If he was Brady Skjei, but with the ability to crush unsuspecting opponents into the next stratosphere, then I'd consider that pretty damn good. Maybe even more overall effective than a Makar? Possibly. There's more to winning hockey games than pure offense. He brings it all and then some. Never been more excited for the arrival of a prospect. And all for a 3rd round pick.....just ridiculous.
Agreed, I’m honestly more excited about him than I was about Svech — who I was absolutely pumped about and in love with as a prospect

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina

If his definition of a "star" is Makar, that's a pretty f'ing high bar, lol. I don't think either Aho or Slavin would be a "star" using that criteria.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad