Prospect Info: 2024 CHL Playoffs (Beck, Mesar, Xhekaj, Guindon, Miller & Sobolev)

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
And had 1 goal and 7 points in 8 games ages 18-19.

I'm still not sure why you're selectively looking at stats, but its still not expressing what you say it is.

Selective?

I ignore the age 16 of Danault because Beck did not play at 16.

I include all games both regular season and playoffs from ages 17-19.

I don't make a distinction between pre-draft and post-draft.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Selective?

I ignore the age 16 of Danault because Beck did not play at 16.

I include all games both regular season and playoffs from ages 17-19.

I don't make a distinction between pre-draft and post-draft.

Again, you're comparing using players in different eras and different leagues. Only using points. Specifically focusing on playoff points. Ignoring trends.

Its incredibly selective. I don't even care if you were high on one player or low on another, this is worse than even the laziest NHLe models.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Again, you're comparing using players in different eras and different leagues. Only using points. Specifically focusing on playoff points. Ignoring trends.

Its incredibly selective. I don't even care if you were high on one player or low on another, this is worse than even the laziest NHLe models.
Making mountains out of molehills. Someone suggesterd Beck might turn out like Danault, improving his offence with time. I merely said I think he is starting out slightly behind Danault, but that such progress is possible. This should not be controversial. There is points, but there is also the initial draft rank being 7 rungs higher for Danault.

No matter what, Beck is looking like a good choice so far at 33OA.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Making mountains out of molehills. Someone suggesterd Beck might turn out like Danault, improving his offence with time. I merely said I think he is starting out slightly behind Danault, but that such progress is possible. This should not be controversial. There is points, but there is also the initial draft rank being 7 rungs higher for Danault.

No matter what, Beck is looking like a good choice so far at 33OA.

The take isn't controversial, the evidence that he is "starting out slightly behind Danault" is when the reason is based entirely on boxcar stats and, when looking only at the stats, their D+1 and D+2 seasons are virtually identical and the only notable difference is that Danault had an insane playoffs in his draft season.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
If someone have seen a lot of Danault in JNR, it’s me and I need to say that Beck is probably better when both where 19 but not by that much. In the playoff he did chock though when he was traded to Moncton that actually lost in the 1st round against us (Victoriaville). He was even suspended for the last game

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If someone have seen a lot of Danault in JNR, it’s me and I need to say that Beck is probably better when both where 19 but not by that much. In the playoff he did chock though when he was traded to Moncton that actually lost in the 1st round against us (Victoriaville). He was even suspended for the last game

this is why to me it never makes sense to try and compare one prospects stats in one league to another and then try and extrapolate how said prospect will progress or not based off what another prospect in another league did.

Danault's development was not exactly what you call normal as it's so rare to see a kid put up more points in his first NHL season then at any time in his 3 years in the AHL. That's kind of crazy when you think about it and shouldn't be compared to others since everyone develops at their own pace and you never know when a prospect may just peak.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Random: ran into my old dentist at a Moncton Drummondville game this year. He told me he was Riley Mercer's uncle or cousin I can't recall. Either way, I said he's gotta get me tickets when he makes it, I sat down at my seat for the next period and it dawned on me his other cousin/nephew is already in the NHL. Coulda had season tickets for the Devils.

anyway, riley is looking incredible here, he was at our rookie camp I believe

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Random: ran into my old dentist at a Moncton Drummondville game this year. He told me he was Riley Mercer's uncle or cousin I can't recall. Either way, I said he's gotta get me tickets when he makes it, I sat down at my seat for the next period and it dawned on me his other cousin/nephew is already in the NHL. Coulda had season tickets for the Devils.

His playoff stats are on another level. 6'2 goalie I am surprised someone didn't take a flyer on him in the later rounds.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

He was incredible against Victoriaville, he stole the 1st game

Reactions: Tyson

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Two teams in Memorial Cup:

Saginaw Spirit (host)
Drummondville Voltigeurs (Q Champs)

London Knights are probably in tomorrow night. I expect an Oshawa sweep.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad