WC: 2024 IIHF Division IA, Bolzano

Gianpaolo

Jan 28, 2006
my bad, meant among players selected

(but I agree with Suikkanen)
Players coming from the Alps Hockey Leagues were in troubles with the speed of the game in the tournament, just think of the terrible mistake by Amorosa before the first goal scored by Hungary. Pascal Brunner, Luca Felicetti, Dante Hannoun and Marco Zanetti are all quick skaters but were all cut before the tournament started. I think back at the situation shortly before the end of the second period against Hungary: the goalkeeper makes a save, the slow moving Ivan De Luca fails to get the rebound, holds an opponet and gets a two minutes penalty forcing Italy to start the last period with four players on the ice.

aquaregia

May 23, 2022
Lancashire
Mmm especially in retrospect not picking Zanetti seems like a very curious decision, particularly after I got the impression he was one of Italy's more dangerous forwards last year.

sanis

May 7, 2024
I wonder, @Albatros, how you came to the conclusion that the Hungarian fans (cca 1500-2000 people in bolzano aged between 1 and 80 years ) are a "bunch of fascists" .

You might base your opinion on some stupid football ultras who joined the regular hockey fans on one of the elite wc's, if my memory serves me well. Can't think of much else because the Hungarian hockey fans are peaceful and the matches here are family events.

Don't be like those football ultras and don't generalise your view based on the behaviour of x nr of people. (Or do it but then you are not more nuanced than those fascists.)

BTW even on a football game they are a (loud) minority, not the norm.

I hurt my eyes to see such a comment on an intelligent thread like this.

Reactions: Friar85

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
I wonder, @Albatros, how you came to the conclusion that the Hungarian fans (cca 1500-2000 people in bolzano aged between 1 and 80 years ) are a "bunch of fascists" .

You might base your opinion on some stupid football ultras who joined the regular hockey fans on one of the elite wc's, if my memory serves me well. Can't think of much else because the Hungarian hockey fans are peaceful and the matches here are family events.

Don't be like those football ultras and don't generalise your view based on the behaviour of x nr of people. (Or do it but then you are not more nuanced than those fascists.)

BTW even on a football game they are a (loud) minority, not the norm.

I hurt my eyes to see such a comment on an intelligent thread like this.
I've been attending Team Hungary games at these tournaments in person and it's never been a good experience. Of course not all Hungarian hockey fans are fascist hooligans, but the number of those that are is significant enough for the support as a whole to become distasteful. It's up to the Hungarians themselves to clean up their act and get rid of these elements, no one else.

For example the hooligan group "Carpathian Brigade '09" has been present in such numbers:

94323863_2922171697862184_8288416437437988864_n.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad