2024 NHL Draft Picks 11, 43, 75, 107, 108, 171, 203, 222

Fly Boy

Aye Sir!
Jul 29, 2009
Michigan
I'll throw my hat in the ring. I have about 4 guys (sorry 5) worth mentioning.

1A. Berkley Catton. This guy drives. I think all of us want that prototipical 3C, but man does he have the opportunity to do more. Lets move Cozens to 3C. All the skill, all the effort. Exactaly the position needed.

1B. I love this dude. He's been compared so often to Bret Bruns. I dont see it. He's such an asshole. Something this team missses. I'd say hes more Dustin Byfuglien. Lets get a guy that drags the rest of them into the fight. Size, that's what I want with this draft.

3. Konsta Helenius. The perfect 3C if he pans out. Top notch skill and IQ. Again nothing wrong with him.

4. MBN. Can't say enough about this guy. He's such a gamer. Everyone might hate it but if he is next gen Girgs, that is a good pick. 10years of a loyal PKer?

5. Beckett Sennecke? Im going to leave this one to ONG. Haven't seen a lot of him, but ill buy it.

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas

1B. I love this dude. He's been compared so often to Bret Bruns. I dont see it. He's such an asshole. Something this team missses. I'd say hes more Dustin Byfuglien. Lets get a guy that drags the rest of them into the fight. Size, that's what I want with this draft.
Did you forget a name with 1B? :)

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

11. Buffalo Sabres: Anton Silayev, LD, Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod (KHL)​

The Sabres are pretty much stocked up front for the future with the likes of Matt Savoie, Jiri Kulich and Zach Benson. They could really use some more depth on defense and Silayev will give them just that. Anton Silayev showed a lot of promise at the start of the season. Even though his start cooled off, he still brings excellent size and mobility from the back end. Not to mention the ability to play a mean game when he needs to. His stock may have dropped, but he showed he can play at high level as young player in the KHL.

11. Buffalo Sabres​

Kimelman -- Cole Eiserman, LW, USA U-18 (NTDP): Eiserman has the best shot in the draft, scoring 58 goals in 57 games this season and his 127 goals are the most by any player in USA Hockey National Team Development Program history. But is he just a sensational shot? Scouts seem to be torn on that issue. Some believe he can round out his game, develop his offensive instincts and become more of a threat as a playmaker. He'll play at least one season at Boston University trying to expand his game. If he can, Eiserman (6-foot, 195) has the chance to be one of the top players in the 2024 draft class.

Morreale -- Konsta Helenius: He's skilled, quick and has a high compete level. The right-handed shot's 36 points were the fourth-most points in a Liiga season by an under-18 player. He also scored five power-play goals, went 50.2 percent on face-offs and averaged 16:57 of ice time in 51 games.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

1A. Berkley Catton. This guy drives. I think all of us want that prototipical 3C, but man does he have the opportunity to do more. Lets move Cozens to 3C. All the skill, all the effort. Exactaly the position needed.

3. Konsta Helenius. The perfect 3C if he pans out. Top notch skill and IQ. Again nothing wrong with him.

4. MBN. Can't say enough about this guy. He's such a gamer. Everyone might hate it but if he is next gen Girgs, that is a good pick. 10years of a loyal PKer?

5. Beckett Sennecke? Im going to leave this one to ONG. Haven't seen a lot of him, but ill buy it.

I take it your 1B is Yakemchuk?

Reactions: Tachycineta

Butt Ox

Oct 24, 2006
Luddite Island
He is a guy who offers skills the Sabres don’t have in their prospect stable too. They need more forecheck, more physical commitment and still with the skill to be in the top 6. I think he and Sennecke are my preferences at 11oa right now.
I fully expect to have a whole offseason to replay the moment when TC's name is called for the Sabres pick over and over.

I would love to see either of them at 11. They do fill a role, and I like BS's mechanics. He gets over his skates and goes.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I have only one player I would not want at 11 and that article has him as their pick. Bleh. Eiserman needs so f***ing much work on his game other than shooting and I do not see the willingness to work on it. Olivier Wahlstrom 2.0. Just no.

dickiedunnwrotethis

It's gotta be true.
May 16, 2009
saskatoon
I have only one player I would not want at 11 and that article has him as their pick. Bleh. Eiserman needs so f***ing much work on his game other than shooting and I do not see the willingness to work on it. Olivier Wahlstrom 2.0. Just no.
There are three players that would put me on a watch list: Eiserman, Parekh, and Connelly. I can live with anything else. Some might even make me happy.

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad