NHL Entry Draft 2024 NHL Draft Talk

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
I have no problem taking Buium, but........ I have watched several of his regular season games. I don't think projects well in corner battles or in front of the net. These things are masked playing on a big ice surface. While having very good edges, his top end speed is not overwhelming. I don't think he is explosive or a high-end athlete. Mckeens: Buium can be a somewhat polarizing prospect, as he is knocked for lacking “premium athletic tools” compared to other top-of-the-class defensemen such as Anton Silayev, Artyom Levshunov, or Sam Dickinson. There’s some truth to that, as Buium isn’t as physically imposing as those names nor does he have the same kind of upside in terms of mobility.2024 NHL SCOUTING REPORT (VIDEO + GRADES) - Zeev Buium,D, U.S. NTDP, USA

Like I said, his defense is being massively overrated. We are looking at a Chabot or Chychrun type player. He is not anywhere near Sanderson.

Watch Yakemuch vs. Lidstrom and Basha: He gets the better of Lidstrom every singe time. His top-end speed is impressive and he is constantly creating offense on an offensively challenged team. It is early in the season, so you get the occasional blunder. He cleaned it up as the season went on. But damn, this guy could be absolutely special. I wouldn't dount if the Ducks a srious look at this guy.

If I am taking a RD that is offense 1st .. I am taking Parekh. I would chose a few ahead of him. Parekh is on another level with his offensive IQ and ability.
Some people are critical of his nonchalant look but its a style thing with him.

How have Chabot and Cychrun done with learning how to defend ... how many years have they been at it.
Buium is Chabot & Chychrun. That is who you are drafting.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I never realized how lucky Dallas got drafting Wyatt Johnston. They traded down from 15 to 23 and then selected him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad