2024 NHL Draft Thread (CBJ to pick 4th)

Predict CBJ's draft position

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
If Demidov is there, draft him. If he’s not trade down and take Buium. Thats my vote.

How far down do you think we could trade to get Buium? He's liable to go one of the next few picks I think.

I think trading down makes sense when you have a deep tier of guys you value similarly, and you can get one at the back of the line. But if you have one guy you prefer, better take him when you can.

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022
Pronman had Columbus picking Dickinson in his mock draft with Demidov, Lindstrom and Buium all left on the table. If that were to happen, I would be very disappointed.

He noted that they could just as well pick Demidov or Lindstrom, though.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: LJ7

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
How far down do you think we could trade to get Buium? He's liable to go one of the next few picks I think.

I think trading down makes sense when you have a deep tier of guys you value similarly, and you can get one at the back of the line. But if you have one guy you prefer, better take him when you can.
7-8 was as low as I felt comfortable. I like Buium, and would be fine with him at 4.

One of the safer picks IMO.

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Trading down gets pretty impossible if you're only targeting one single guy. Can't just pick and choose which pick will be available and who'll be available there. You'll have to trust the scouts to get value regardless what other teams do with their picks

In this draft possibilities are basically OTT 7th+26th and CGY 9th+29th. If Buium is that far above Parekh, Catton or whoever, then you pick him at 4th instead of moving. If the a,b,c options are close, then it'd be a great value move to trade down

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad