GDT: 2024 NHL Draft (June 28 - June 29, Las Vegas Sphere)

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I appreciate the grace you're extending to this kid, but Connelly grew up in the suburbs of LA. There's no way he made it to 16 without knowing any Jewish people.
Huh. I thought he was from Minny.

But my comment wasn't really about Connolly. Just adding some context to the "how do you not know about swastikas?" comments.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Side note - the guy you're quoting and at least one other poster in that thread attack the Athletic article for using unnamed sources, and I hate how common that argument's become.

Unnamed sources are a standard practice in investigative journalism that never used to be questioned before about ten years ago. And it's not at all hard to see why people might've wanted to not be named in this article considering Connelly's parents hired a lawyer to threaten the author.

There's some guys in that thread that have a blatant agenda in the "culture war," and that includes taking a stance against specific journalists (including Katie Strang, one of the two authors of the Athletic piece). They were going to whine about that article with or without "unnamed sources" being used.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Eiserman mocked to the Caps by Pronman. Hard to believe he'd be picked after Jiricek and Solberg. 🤷‍♂️ As much as the Sharks maybe could use a defenseman you wonder if taking another BU guy in Eiserman would be too much to pass up. (I wonder where Grier went to college?...)

Connelly mocked to VGK. Hage at 28 & Emery at 30 both seem too low.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006

(Mute is your friend.)

Pretty interesting late riser. Pronman tends to reflect at least some industry thinking so there's likely legs to him as a late riser. Solberg's playing a huge role for Norway at the Worlds, averaging 23 minutes as a late birthday first-time eligible. Only four D are averaging more in the tournament. (Old friend Kempny is close.) He seems Orlov-ish but taller, less put together offensively and still with room to fill out. He's playing in Sweden next year. Sort of a blueline equivalent of Surin...character, highly competitive but some projectability questions.

The Caps ought to shoot for the highest pure offensive upside so Eiserman makes loads of sense. Hard to believe they'd pass on him.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Eiserman mocked to the Caps by Pronman. Hard to believe he'd be picked after Jiricek and Solberg. 🤷‍♂️ As much as the Sharks maybe could use a defenseman you wonder if taking another BU guy in Eiserman would be too much to pass up. (I wonder where Grier went to college?...)

Connelly mocked to VGK. Hage at 28 & Emery at 30 both seem too low.
Could see that caps taking a slider like Eiserman to get some additional offensive talent in the system. I'd still probably prefer Connolly after watching the US under 18 games. Getting to a point I'd almost be fine taking Emery at !7.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Maybe I missed this story but I’m very much intrigued by Michael Hage given his on ice play and very much rooting for him as a player as well. I would say he’s actually very good value at 17, I don’t expect him to be there

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Maybe I missed this story but I’m very much intrigued by Michael Hage given his on ice play and very much rooting for him as a player as well. I would say he’s actually very good value at 17, I don’t expect him to be there

Nice find there and good read.

Always going to prioritize centers and RHD, if draft plays in the a teams favor, in the first round.

Reactions: Calicaps

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad