Speculation: 2024 Off-season Discussion

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
Love Crouse, hate the idea of giving him up. Think he has more to offer than what he's done and it is in no way a bad thing for this team to keep him.
That being said his value should be at its peak this year or maybe next and if you can make him the main piece in a trade for a player along the lines of Owen Powers, then I think it's a no brainer. Crouse turns 27 next month, this team is likely still 3 years from competing. In my opinion skilled power forwards are very hard to determine when they will start declining, I personally find its usually closer to 30 than it is further.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Jeannot would go along way towards that. I am sure Utah could get him back up to 15mins

View attachment 876660
I would be happy to add Jeannot if the price is right. I don’t need these additions to necessarily be gifted face punchers like Jeannot. I’ll take violence if it’s available but I’m mostly thinking about grit. A guy like Mario Ferraro plays with almost no violence but with a ton of grit. That’s ok too. This is a “yes, and…” rather than a “no, but…” thing.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
I would be happy to add Jeannot if the price is right. I don’t need these additions to necessarily be gifted face punchers like Jeannot. I’ll take violence if it’s available but I’m mostly thinking about grit. A guy like Mario Ferraro plays with almost no violence but with a ton of grit. That’s ok too. This is a “yes, and…” rather than a “no, but…” thing.
I like the Ferraro idea as it filles a needed D spot. How about Dakota Joshua? He's gritty and a UFA.

Reactions: Summer Rose

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Love Crouse, hate the idea of giving him up. Think he has more to offer than what he's done and it is in no way a bad thing for this team to keep him.
That being said his value should be at its peak this year or maybe next and if you can make him the main piece in a trade for a player along the lines of Owen Powers, then I think it's a no brainer. Crouse turns 27 next month, this team is likely still 3 years from competing. In my opinion skilled power forwards are very hard to determine when they will start declining, I personally find its usually closer to 30 than it is further.
Always better to trade a player a year early as opposed to a year late.

Get me Sam Bennet from the Panthers and Gudas from the Ducks, and I'm buying 41 round trip flights , Phoenix/SLC.
I can dream, right?

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Very much in the give to get reality.

Hate losing Crouse but his greatest value would be a chip in a deal to acquire a top pair Dman.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Very much in the give to get reality.

Hate losing Crouse but his greatest value would be a chip in a deal to acquire a top pair Dman.
IMHO...His greatest value is to hold onto him. I have confidence he is about to turn into a 30 goal scorer and will be so for 5ish years. He has demonstrated he can dominate in short spurts, now he just needs the hardest thing...consistency. New environment, new energy, improved roster, he is going to excel and he is a built for playoffs kind of player. Oh and he is on a fair contract through 26-27. This is the kind of player you go looking for, not the kind you try to get rid of.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
IMHO...His greatest value is to hold onto him. I have confidence he is about to turn into a 30 goal scorer and will be so for 5ish years. He has demonstrated he can dominate in short spurts, now he just needs the hardest thing...consistency. New environment, new energy, improved roster, he is going to excel and he is a built for playoffs kind of player. Oh and he is on a fair contract through 26-27. This is the kind of player you go looking for, not the kind you try to get rid of.
He's publicly admitted he needs and wants to improve his skill with the puck. Reminds me of what Sherwood Bassin used to tell us in camp "it's puck handling, my 80 yr. old grandmother can handle a stick!" Lord, did I ever love that colorful man.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad