2024 playoffs

CHIP72

Mar 16, 2013
Silver Spring, MD
Most division semifinals series games played on Friday night ended up being clinchers; Hartford (over Providence), Cleveland (over Belleville), and Coachella Valley (over Calgary) all won their series 3-1 while Syracuse was victorious in a deciding Game 5 on the road over Rochester to advance. Only Milwaukee won while trailing 2-1 in their series; they will play Texas in a series deciding Game 5 on Sunday in SE Wisconsin.

Lehigh Valley hosts Hershey in Game 4 of their series tonight in Allentown. The top seeded Bears lead the series 2-1. Should the Phantoms win, Game 5 will be played in Hershey on Sunday night.

In the division finals series that have been set, #1 North Division seed Cleveland will play #3 seed Syracuse while Pacific Division top seed Coachella Valley will take on #3 seed Ontario. Both best of 5 game series will have a 2-2-1 games format.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Sorry that I am late posting on this thread.

Texas won Games 1 and 2 at home. They lost Games 3 and 4 by scores of 5-3 and 4-1 in Milwaukee in front of boisterous crowds.

Milwaukee played Troy Grosenick in net for Games 3 and 4. His style helps to shut down the Stars fast attacking offense. He hangs onto a lot of pucks and creates more stoppages.

Poirier has started all 4 games for the Stars.
He was pulled after the 5th goal, half way through Game 3.

Game 5 is Sunday at 5 PM CDT. About 5000 fans showed up for both Games 3 and 4. I am hoping for more on Mother's Day, since the UWM Panther Arena will hold twice that many. I expect the best game of the season from the Stars and the Admirals!

Last edited:
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Sorry that I am late posting on this thread.

Texas won Games 1 and 2 at home. They lost Games 3 and 4 by scores of 5-3 and 4-1 in Milwaukee in front of boisterous crowds.

Milwaukee played Troy Grosenick in net for Games 3 and 4. His style helps to shut down the Stars fast attacking offense. He hangs onto a lot of pucks and creates more stoppages.

Poirier has started all 4 games for the Stars.
He was pulled after the 5th goal, half way through Game 3.

Game 5 is Sunday at 5 PM CDT. About 5000 fans showed up for both Games 3 and 4. I am hoping for more on Mother's Day, since the UWM Panther Arena will hold twice that many. I expect the best game of the season from the Stars and the Admirals!
good luck Milwaukee and thanks for checking in @adsfan

CHIP72

Mar 16, 2013
Silver Spring, MD
Hershey wins at Lehigh Valley 5-3 in Game 4 of their division semifinals series and wins the series 3-1. The Bears will now play Hartford, who has upset Charlotte and Providence in their first two playoff series, in the division finals.

MFHOOD

Apr 29, 2024
I envy you ... competitive hockey AND free chocolate for life! 🍫🍫🍫🍫

Haha, most of the chocolate doesn't end up being free, but I sure try to be grateful near every day to live so close to such an awesome theme park AND institution for hockey!

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I envy you ... competitive hockey AND free chocolate for life! 🍫🍫🍫🍫
actually. Hershey fans are very complimentary to all their opponents.... it's one of the rare things you see.... even to past markets Portland was mentioned as was Manchester when a poll was brought up about which market you'd like to see Hershey play again....

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
actually. Hershey fans are very complimentary to all their opponents.... it's one of the rare things you see.... even to past markets Portland was mentioned as was Manchester when a poll was brought up about which market you'd like to see Hershey play again....
Same observation I had when Mrs. JMC 'n' me took in a Marlies v Bears game @ GIANT Center earlier this year. She was wearing her traditional STL Blues jersey & I had on my traditional away team jersey. Both of us were greeted & treated kindly, and I had a game-long convo with the young-ish & very enthusiastic STH sitting next to me. Great hockey atmosphere inside GIANT Center, I just wish the Bears still played in Hersheypark Arena (for nostalgia's sake - certainly not for comfort's sake). But we did attend a public skate on the old arena's ice earlier in the day, so I got my hockey history fix that way.

CHIP72

Mar 16, 2013
Silver Spring, MD
MIL/GR is a 2-2-1 scenario...
Unusually (I think) for the AHL, all four division finals, best of 5 games series will have a 2-2-1 format; none will be a 2-3 format.

This has to be one of the first times ever since the AHL added a western/Pacific division that the shortest travel among the division finals series is between the Pacific Division teams. (Coachella Valley and Ontario are only about 80 miles apart, with both teams' arenas located very close to Interstate 10.)

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Texas complete the choke. Admirals went to Grosenick in game 3 and never looked back.
I think that the Admirals scoring 14 goals in the three Milwaukee games helped, as did the unusually vocal crowds.

Texas proved that they could win at home in playoffs (4 of 4 games), but not on the road (0 of 3 games). That won't get you very far!

Reactions: PanniniClaus

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
That's an interesting scenario since it's only a best of 5 series
I swear I saw this exact comment in here before this one...oh wait I did...2 post up

I think that the Admirals scoring 14 goals in the three Milwaukee games helped, as did the unusually vocal crowds.

Texas proved that they could win at home in playoffs (4 of 4 games), but not on the road (0 of 3 games). That won't get you very far!
You have to be able to steal a game if you expect to go anywhere

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad