GDT: 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
I couldnt resist - went on leafs forum after they lost and told them they had recvd a karmic butt kick for their arrogance towards Coyote fans. I enjoyed more than I should have 😁
Cathartic.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Master class on how not to build a roster.

John Tavares is one of the worst signings in league history and not because of his performance.

2024-25 by Cap Hit
1 - Auston Matthews (F)
6 - William Nylander (F)
9 - John Tavares (F)
12 - Mitch Marner (F)

4 forwards in the top 12.

1715020450818.png

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Master class on how not to build a roster.

John Tavares is one of the worst signings in league history and not because of his performance.

2024-25 by Cap Hit
1 - Auston Matthews (F)
6 - William Nylander (F)
9 - John Tavares (F)
12 - Mitch Marner (F)

4 forwards in the top 12.

View attachment 865917

They're the big 4 my brother. Look at their playoff stats... don't they play like the big 4?

Reactions: Summer Rose

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
They're the big 4 my brother. Look at their playoff stats... don't they play like the big 4?
Great players play great in the playoffs. That is how they are judged. Who cares about the regular season.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Umm You get to watch 82 game. You want to thrill and entertain your fans. Playoffs are great but it's only 30 percent of the show.
It's fun for the fans to watch regular season games, but playoff hockey is where it's at for the players, and fans. As soon as playoff hockey starts everyone forgets about the regular season except maybe for the fans of the teams who were shitty and didn't make the playoffs. Playoff hockey is the best. The atmosphere is unbelievable.

Reactions: DustyDangler

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
My playoff bracket did not start well, but the four series winners I did pick are all still alive.

Now, Dallas-Florida, Panthers win the Cup?
Sadly Dallas will win. And I am anyone but Dallas, Kings and Golden knights club.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
My playoff bracket did not start well, but the four series winners I did pick are all still alive.

Now, Dallas-Florida, Panthers win the Cup?
I've got Dallas / Florida with Dallas taking it all, but it's a tough call and I wouldn't be at all surprised if Florida takes it.... of course both still have to get there.

My disdain for Edmonton is only exceeded by that for my hometown (well, I was a suburbanite) of Chicago, it was really odd wanting Vancouver to win, so badly.

Last edited:

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Edmonton is a different playoff team this year. Of the four remaining contenders, the Oilers have played the best defense. They've also killed off 20 straight penalties. I know they lost last night, but I could see them winning the Cup.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Edmonton is a different playoff team this year. Of the four remaining contenders, the Oilers have played the best defense. They've also killed off 20 straight penalties. I know they lost last night, but I could see them winning the Cup.
I don't think McD and Drai had three shots between them last night.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012

I'd like to thank the Edmonton Oilers for proving me wrong last night. Always good to remain humble. ;)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I disagree. With Skinner, Nurse and Ceci you have the three stooges. If it wasn't for their PP the Oilers would be toast. Also, if the Canucks had Demko in net the Oilers lose that series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad