Rumor: 2024 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Thread: Post Deadline

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I know it’s been beaten to death, but I still can’t get over management thinking Wood was a luxury we could afford. It’s one thing if he were paid long term at like $1m, but right now he’s taking the cap hit of 3 league minimum players. While I get he’s more proven, a player with Kivi provides a lot of what Wood brings for 1/3 the cost.

At least with Colton I can understand the mindset of targeting him and believing he can be an elite third line center. I think he is a fine 3C and has flashes of an elite 3C, but another acquisition where there needs to be some serious scrutiny in the off-season.

Still lots of playoff time to justify the acquisition and if we manage to win just one more cup with them on the roster they’re justified imo. However, I just wonder what the long term plan is with both of them.

Avsfan1921

Oct 5, 2019
You can officially add me to the list of people that are done with Rantanen. His effort level is unacceptable barring a hidden long term injury (there isn’t). Trade his ass for Marner. People rag on him but at least he “only” soft. He still has effort on both ends of the ice. I absolutely do not care about his offensive contributions if he is going to consistently “play” like this. I had hopes that he’d flip the switch for the post season but he’s so damn lazy he can’t be bothered to get out of the rocking chair. To be clear, I don’t want Marner either, just pointing out that he actually tries for all those that mock him.

I don’t know what they do with this guy, they likely keep him, but at this point he’s reaching Kovalev level to me. If he doesn’t find a way to turn it around this post season let him walk if they can’t find a trade that makes sense.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I know it’s been beaten to death, but I still can’t get over management thinking Wood was a luxury we could afford. It’s one thing if he were paid long term at like $1m, but right now he’s taking the cap hit of 3 league minimum players. While I get he’s more proven, a player with Kivi provides a lot of what Wood brings for 1/3 the cost.

At least with Colton I can understand the mindset of targeting him and believing he can be an elite third line center. I think he is a fine 3C and has flashes of an elite 3C, but another acquisition where there needs to be some serious scrutiny in the off-season.

Still lots of playoff time to justify the acquisition and if we manage to win just one more cup with them on the roster they’re justified imo. However, I just wonder what the long term plan is with both of them.

I know it's one game, but that overtime goal was dope.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Someone locked the Girard thread...

E28V4Si.png

Last edited:

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
This is the second article by Corey someone's posted here that I've really enjoyed in like a week. How long has he been there? This article and the one on stats are so much better than anything Clark or Baugh did covering the Avs for the Athletic. All they did was game recaps with advanced metrics neither fully understood being thrown in, probably by Dom.

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
This is the second article by Corey someone's posted here that I've really enjoyed in like a week. How long has he been there? This article and the one on stats are so much better than anything Clark or Baugh did covering the Avs for the Athletic. All they did was game recaps with advanced metrics neither fully understood being thrown in, probably by Dom.
Corey was the beat writer for the Isles and then the Sharks (I think) for The Athletic, I believe this is his first year covering the Avs. I dare say he is the best hockey writer the Denver Post has ever had.

And yes I know I’m risking a beatdown in the Octagon by saying this.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
In the unlikely event that CMac would be willing to move Rants this summer he may not even succeed doing it.

Rants needs to be traded where he'd re-up (and who knows what he wants at this point) and teams will have other options for high end wingers with Reinhart and Guentzel being UFA's + Marner likely on the trade block.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
In the unlikely event that CMac would be willing to move Rants this summer he may not even succeed doing it.

Rants needs to be traded where he'd re-up (and who knows what he wants at this point) and teams will have other options for high end wingers with Reinhart and Guentzel being UFA's + Marner likely on the trade block.
Rantanen has more value than Marner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad