Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v3 | Thu, May 23 | @ Det | 6:30pm ET/3:30pm PT | Gausman vs Flaherty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I think Vlad costs himself even more bases by regularly hitting low line drives 110+ mph off the wall. He often comes out of the box running hard but gets held to a single because it gets to the outfielder so fast.

It was great to see him slug last night, though. A double and a huge homer to straight CF. That will help the old slugging percentage for sure.

He's an athlete. That superman slide he did last year was insane for a player his size. And he's a smart baserunner too.

But he probably costs himself 5 hits/year by not running anything out unless it looks like extra bases.

I wonder if Schneider pinch-ran for him in the 6th despite the DH spot coming up another time because of this.

I wonder why these guys (I mean players in general) just don't understand that you have to run everything out. FFS, that's the minimum that can be asked of them.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
It was great to see him slug last night, though. A double and a huge homer to straight CF. That will help the old slugging percentage for sure.

I wonder why these guys (I mean players in general) just don't understand that you have to run everything out. FFS, that's the minimum that can be asked of them.
Especially when you shouldn’t even be on a major league team. You might want to try extra hard

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
Was listening to the Jays radio play by play and I have to say I'm not impressed with Ben Shulman at all. While he knows what he's talking about, there is no excitement in his call. Last night IKF hits a HR and he called like it is just another play. Ben Wagner wasn't much better. At least the TV side gets little excited for a HR.

Reactions: Ciao and GoonieFace

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Was listening to the Jays radio play by play and I have to say I'm not impressed with Ben Shulman at all. While he knows what he's talking about, there is no excitement in his call. Last night IKF hits a HR and he called like it is just another play. Ben Wagner wasn't much better. At least the TV side gets little excited for a HR.
I haven't been a fan of Ben Shulman during the little I've heard of him, but is it possible that last night was affected by the technical issues they were having? It's possible he didn't fully know what was happening on the play.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
When I work in my gardens on the weekends I love listening to a ball game and he’s been better than I thought he’d be.
They don’t travel to road games so that’s a bit of shag losing the sounds of the park in the background.
Gone are the days where you could close your eyes and imagine the entire scene. Tom and Jerry were so good you could even imagine the smell of the game through the radio.

stealth1

Aug 28, 2009
Niagara, Ontario
When I work in my gardens on the weekends I love listening to a ball game and he’s been better than I thought he’d be.
They don’t travel to road games so that’s a bit of shag losing the sounds of the park in the background.
Gone are the days where you could close your eyes and imagine the entire scene. Tom and Jerry were so good you could even imagine the smell of the game through the radio.
He calls the game good just doesn't have the excitement like Tom and Jerry did.

Reactions: Nineteen67

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I should've rolled this thread over to a new one yesterday so instead I'm going to do it now while there's still a couple hours to go before the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad