World Cup: 4 Nations Tournament- Team USA (2025)

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Gaudreau - Matthews - M. Tkachuk
Robertson - Eichel - Guentzel
Miller - J. Hughes - Boeser
Kreider - Larkin - Boldy
B. Tkachuk

Q. Hughes - McAvoy
Slavin - Fox
Werenski - Faber
Hanifin

Hellebuyck
Demko
Swayman

I know Gaudreau doesn't deserve it based on his last two seasons, but he was so good his last year in Calgary with Tkachuk, and I think he would have better numbers on any other team in the league because of how horrid CBJ is. He fits so well next to Tkachuk and Matthews. Connor and Keller were hard to leave off, and overall, I think the US lacks natural RW depth. Maybe Leonard or someone else will explode over the next year. I'm really excited about the third and second lines. Miller and Boeser have been great this year and fit well with Hughes, and I think Eichel and Robertson could dominate together. The D-core and goalies will be solid no matter what. I think this team's ceiling depends on how much the wingers can produce offensively.
0% Leonard is there

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
He was a bubble guy anyway but Zegras didn't do himself any favours at this tournament. There was talk going in he was a big game player because of his performance at the WJC but I don't think I saw a single good shift out of the guy in the U.S games I watched.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
He was a bubble guy anyway but Zegras didn't do himself any favours at this tournament. There was talk going in he was a big game player because of his performance at the WJC but I don't think I saw a single good shift out of the guy in the U.S games I watched.
He shot the puck into the net like 3 seconds after Farabee got plowed into the goalie...that was his accomplishment today...

Reactions: jj cale

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I fear Zegras is going to go the Andy Roddick (tennis) path. When he was at his best he was an instinctual player who relied on his huge serve and massive forehand to great success . Then he ended up listening to the talking heads and changed his game to be more well-rounded and he suffered for it. To me, Zegras seems like he's had the creativity and swagger sucked out of his game.

Reactions: jj cale

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I'll be interested if USA Hockey took anything meaningful from the WCs when putting this team together. I don't think they will go all goon, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are very few small, finesse players. I could see:

Goaltenders (x3):

Hellebucyk
Oettinger
Swayman

Defense (x8):

Q. Hughes/McAvoy
Fox/Slavin
Werenski/Jones
McDonagh/Faber

Forwards (x14):

M. Tkachuk-Matthews-J. Hughes
Guentzel-Eichel-B. Tkachuk
Robertson-Miller-T. Thompson
Kreider-Larkin-Trocheck
Connor-Boldy

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I'll be interested if USA Hockey took anything meaningful from the WCs when putting this team together. I don't think they will go all goon, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are very few small, finesse players. I could see:

Goaltenders (x3):

Hellebucyk
Oettinger
Swayman

Defense (x8):

Q. Hughes/McAvoy
Fox/Slavin
Werenski/Jones
McDonagh/Faber

Forwards (x14):

M. Tkachuk-Matthews-J. Hughes
Guentzel-Eichel-B. Tkachuk
Robertson-Miller-T. Thompson
Kreider-Larkin-Trocheck
Connor-Boldy
In all honesty, I don't see any scenario that Kane doesn't make this team. The dude has been waiting over a decade for another best on best scenario. I get making the team tougher but he is our GOAT, still producing at a high level.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
In all honesty, I don't see any scenario that Kane doesn't make this team. The dude has been waiting over a decade for another best on best scenario. I get making the team tougher but he is our GOAT, still producing at a high level.
I agree that Kane will be there. I just hope he's 100% healthy and engaged.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad