Affiliates IX: Cleveland Monsters and more (All Affiliate Talk Here)

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
And he was hired and the Avalanche then set a modern record for futility in his first season. If you don't remember, do a search on this very website to see how many people were questioning Sakic's sanity and job, let alone Bednar's (I wasn't on hf, but I was on reddit and twitter and I remember it very clearly). This was also prime Duchene trade request fiasco time for them, where he was literally changing in a separate room from the rest of the team because the relationship was that fractured. It was VERY dark days for the Avs then.

The point is the Avalanche, likely Cup winners this season, hired him when they did not in fact have a team for him.
And was considered sucky until they did.

Reactions: squashmaple

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Ok? The comment was about Bednar's success which was ultimately a Cup. Which he did with MacKinnon, Rantanan, Landeskog, Makar, Toews,etc. So yeah, a team half as good as that
Bednar also won the Kelly cup in his 2nd yr coaching , and the Calder Cup with Cleveland … By no means am I saying they are promoting Vogel… I have noticed that Marek 2x this week has referenced the coaching vacancy in Columbus .. and Porty on his podcast got the sense Vincent isn’t back next year … Personally , I can’t get past the player utilization, and actually having a worse powerplay than the god awful one under Larsen .. seemed like Boone , Werenski were going to play 1:30 of the 2 min powerplay every time , regardless of results .

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I know we have Cleveland based posters at most games but this is my first!

IMG_1295.jpeg

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Refs starting to call penalties like its the regular season. Bellville on a 5 on 3 to start the third for a little more than a minute. Monsters have some work to do to keep the lead.

Reactions: majormajor

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $260.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 1