Player Discussion Alexis Lafreniere

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I think the possibility of Kreider getting traded ended when he started breaking Ranger records. His production has improved to the point where he is underpaid on a UFA contract. We aren't going to find a better value to replace him. Goodrow and Trouba will be the first ones out the door if we need cap space.

I would say also that the cap is going to start going up and up again which is going to make what Kreider is getting look even more like a deal so that a lot is going to depend on Chris maintaining production or at least not falling off much and from what I'm seeing I'm not expecting much of a decline for a while. He's a very rounded player who skates really well and scores a lot and who provides as good a net front presence as any power forward in the league. In a way I'd like to see Lafreniere on the top unit power play but moving Kreider out and him in we'll have to get ready for a completely new dynamic of how that power play unit works and learn to live with it if it's not quite as good. That I think is why it remains as it is and why Lafreniere gets shorted on power play time. Not that he's not good enough but that the current players are too good at what they do and they all bring a needed element into the mix.

The other factor is apart from Lafreniere and Miller right now I don't see any really big contracts on the horizon. Maybe Schneider but we have a few years of control over him still and I'd want to see more offensive production before committing to anything massive.

A question also about Chytil. He's a player that we look to trade before signing again just because of the kind of injury issues he's had. It doesn't look to me like he's going to have a long career. Kakko also has not made the strides Lafreniere has made and might never. He's a good player though.

Last Laf

Who's Laffing Now
Mar 22, 2002
Im the guy next door
I love Laffy, but it has gone from 1% love from fan base to 100% now, but I understand its the Rangers and there is no grey area, but we need to temper down the expectations a little bit or else the love is gonna come down to 1% again.

Ofcourse Im not bashing Laffy at all, just hoping my point wont be misunderstood

Reactions: HolyHagelin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad