Confirmed with Link: All-Purpose Coyotes Arena Talk: Land Auction Date Set - 6/27

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
AM Jr. was the team's "Strategic Advisor, Business and Hockey Operations" for the first year and a half. A Strategic Advisor is a consultant that oversees every area of a business to make sure it is performing at top level. So basically AM Jr. was "hired" as a noob right out of college to give people with much, much more experience in business and the NHL advice on how to do their jobs better. That's going to make him a know-it-all in their minds no matter what.

He may not have been a decision maker but when the boss's son speaks you might feel a bit more obligated to listen and if you don't there's going to be friction. So AM Jr. had way too much influence at the very least.
Jr's title is "Chief Brand Officer." I believe the hockey operations is under Patrick Murphy and I have no idea who is the Coyote's "Strategic Advisor" is, or if they have one, or had one. Maybe you are getting Jr. and XG mixed up?

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Jr's title is "Chief Brand Officer." I believe the hockey operations is under Patrick Murphy and I have no idea who is the Coyote's "Strategic Advisor" is, or if they have one, or had one. Maybe you are getting Jr. and XG mixed up?

According to AM Jr's LinkedIn Profile his first position with the Coyotes was as Strategic Advisor. That was his position for over a year and a half before being named Chief Brand Officer. So based on the common definition of "strategic adviser" he was being paid to look over Patrick Murphy and everyone else's shoulder and provide advice about operations, both business and hockey. He might not have made decisions, but he certainly influenced them.

2015 to 2019
University of Southern California

October 2019 to April 2021
Arizona Coyotes - Strategic Advisor, Business and Hockey Operations

April 2021 to Present
Arizona Coyotes - Chief Brand Officer

Last edited:

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
According to AM Jr's LinkedIn Profile his first position with the Coyotes was as Strategic Advisor. That was his position for over a year and a half before being named Chief Brand Officer. So based on the common definition of "strategic adviser" he was being paid to look over Patrick Murphy and everyone else's shoulder and provide advice about operations, both business and hockey. He might not have made decisions, but he certainly influenced them.

2015 to 2019
University of Southern California

October 2019 to April 2021
Arizona Coyotes - Strategic Advisor, Business and Hockey Operations

April 2021 to Present
Arizona Coyotes - Chief Brand Officer

“Strategic Advisor” = Company snitch.

“Chief Brand Officer” = Guy who’s too sexy for the catwalk.

Reactions: Kai Yo T

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad