OT: Anaheim Ducks Throwback Classic

Crosbysux

Dec 29, 2013
anyone playing in it this year? supposedly it's the biggest tournament in the US now.

I played in it a couple years ago, the second one I think. It is well worth the price and a lot of fun. Seems like they tightened the divisions down. They had ringer teams in every division the season I went. I moved outta OC, so don't wanna pay for a hotel and don't wanna drive an hour 3 days in a row. Good luck if you're playing in it.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i've played in it the last 4 years and doing it again this year

it's a good time and not too expensive for a tournament either. there were only 3 divisions the first year our team played in it, now there's 8. the fact that so many teams are now participating has made it difficult for the people running the tourney to get every team into the division they truly belong in but even with all the teams, i'd say they've done a pretty good job in getting the divisions right for the most part by looking at teams' performances in leagues, individual stats, etc

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
i've played in it the last 4 years and doing it again this year

it's a good time and not too expensive for a tournament either. there were only 3 divisions the first year our team played in it, now there's 8. the fact that so many teams are now participating has made it difficult for the people running the tourney to get every team into the division they truly belong in but even with all the teams, i'd say they've done a pretty good job in getting the divisions right for the most part by looking at teams' performances in leagues, individual stats, etc

They got a new coordinator this year it seems a little less organized, well see though. What division are you in?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
They got a new coordinator this year it seems a little less organized, well see though. What division are you in?

yeah I feel that's also a result of so many teams participating now. the real challenge for them the first few years was eliminating ringers. i think they've done a good job of that but now the problem is putting teams in the right division

i think our team is division 5

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
yeah I feel that's also a result of so many teams participating now. the real challenge for them the first few years was eliminating ringers. i think they've done a good job of that but now the problem is putting teams in the right division

Nice, good luck

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013

How'd you guys do? we just lost in semis, I am so damn sore

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
1 with wookies. It's an awesome tournament although the new guy running it sucks compared to the old ones

sweet. good luck

yeah i've noticed that too. the previous guys running it were a lot better at getting back to us with whatever questions we had.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
sweet. good luck

yeah i've noticed that too. the previous guys running it were a lot better at getting back to us with whatever questions we had.

Yeah he sent the schedule like 2 weeks before the tournament.... and didn't even send out what colors everyone got in jerseys just said to go pick it up, and the website sucks instead of having a team home page with stats and stuff he just posted the PDF of the schedule

Lazy as f***.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Yeah he sent the schedule like 2 weeks before the tournament.... and didn't even send out what colors everyone got in jerseys just said to go pick it up, and the website sucks instead of having a team home page with stats and stuff he just posted the PDF of the schedule

Lazy as ****.

yeah and there's nothing indicating number assignments for players or anything like that either so i'm wondering how that'll work

the tournament has been huge for a few years now but the previous guys in charge were on top of everything

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Are you talking about jersey numbers?

They give you the jersey numbers of the current Duck players.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Are you talking about jersey numbers?

They give you the jersey numbers of the current Duck players.

yeah but there was nothing regarding who on the team gets assigned which number

unless there was and i haven't seen it

bsu

Sep 27, 2017

Oh you pick whatever number you want, at the first game you check in with the scorekeeper your number then you use that jersey for rest of tournament. Was the same way last year they stopped doing custom numbers 2 years ago.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Oh you pick whatever number you want, at the first game you check in with the scorekeeper your number then you use that jersey for rest of tournament. Was the same way last year they stopped doing custom numbers 2 years ago.

oh ok that makes sense

bsu

Sep 27, 2017

They just posted it, I guess they picked the numbers this year.

Schedule/Results

Theres the link just click on your team name and it should have your name and number

Reactions: Terry Yake

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
anyone else playing this year?

they released the schedule way earlier than they have in past years which was cool (assuming it doesn't change.) was glad to see our team has a game at the new irvine rink

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad