Value of: Anyone want a slightly used Jet?

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
This is how reasonable conversation go off the rail. sigh...

I never said 1 vs. 1. I know Perfetti hold more value so the idea here is to address organizational needs. I dont mind returning Win 1st pick this year in the deal

Perfetti + MLT 2e 2024
vs
Barron + WIN 1e 2024 + Van 3rd 2025
IF you were genuinely serious you'd offer one of your d with more value than Barron. As Perfetti is a young top 6 player. So if you started your offer with mailloux who has more value thats a start. Barron is seen as an ahl tweener. The MTL 2nd is seen as a late 1st. So no there was nothing reasonable about your post.
The difference between Perfetti and Barron is not moving back 17 spots and a 3rd.

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
IF you were genuinely serious you'd offer one of your d with more value than Barron. As Perfetti is a young top 6 player. So if you started your offer with mailloux who has more value thats a start. Barron is seen as an ahl tweener. The MTL 2nd is seen as a late 1st. So no there was nothing reasonable about your post.
The difference between Perfetti and Barron is not moving back 17 spots and a 3rd.

ah! well thank you for sharing you opinion.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Genuine question, not trying to be snarky or anything: why?
Are you guys expecting a coaching change so he gets a better chance?
If nothing changes, the asset value is certainly going down, not up.

I like Cole but he hasn't exactly exceeded expectations so far, and he's in Bowness' doghouse. Maybe Lambert will steal his spot soon.
I don't think you'll see teams lining up for Perfetti and offering value above his current projection of 2nd line winger at this point.
I think a pretty fair value comparable is Newhook (before people freak out, he had his meager 34pts in 55gp), so we're not in the 5OA stratosphere at all.
We expect Bowman to be gone by the end of playoffs. He has already fought with Schief and Nino.

Newhook at least brought back a 1st not let's start negotiations with a guy who can't even make our team.
Also if we are moving Ehlers, Connor, then yeah perfetti is getting more opportunities. If we don't get better offers we are happy to keep him since he is still young and in our top 6.

Do I think he will bring back the 5th overall pick? No, but, I don't think he is available for anything short than an overpayment. Barron and a late 1st when Jets have to add is not that.

Reactions: hn777

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Wondering if something around Perfetti and Barron would be possible. Add as needed to balance values

Jets got lots of other young players coming up up front and need a RD.
That does not make a lot of sense for the Jets. The young players coming up are likely a year away. Perfetti is still earning his way into a full time role and is a big part of the future forward core.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
This is how reasonable conversation go off the rail. sigh...

I never said 1 vs. 1. I know Perfetti hold more value so the idea here is to address organizational needs. I dont mind returning Win 1st pick this year in the deal

Perfetti + MLT 2e 2024
vs
Barron + WIN 1e 2024 + Van 3rd 2025
If Perfetti were on the market and the Habs came calling, Jets probably ask for Guhle. Promising F for a promising D.

Kosseca

Feb 23, 2020
If Perfetti were on the market and the Habs came calling, Jets probably ask for Guhle. Promising F for a promising D.
I understand where you are coming from, but I would think that MTL would be looking for a more establish young F for Guhle. I also get that Barron may not be the piece that get Perfetti moving. I though that Barron with his brother on the team and the Jets need for a RD/puck moving would make this a conversation starter.

As they said,. nothing to see here... moving on.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Marner's contract? He has 1 year lol.

But why suggest Marner, when we all know there is zero chance he waives and zero chance of resigning? Just seems like a pointless thing to discuss. I'm not commenting on his current deal or his value, just there is no point trading for him or talking about him when it would never happen.

Marner will either finish his current deal with the Leafs or he will be traded to a team of his choosing largely (which will not include Western Canada teams IMO).

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
We expect Bowman to be gone by the end of playoffs. He has already fought with Schief and Nino.

Newhook at least brought back a 1st not let's start negotiations with a guy who can't even make our team.
Also if we are moving Ehlers, Connor, then yeah perfetti is getting more opportunities. If we don't get better offers we are happy to keep him since he is still young and in our top 6.

Do I think he will bring back the 5th overall pick? No, but, I don't think he is available for anything short than an overpayment. Barron and a late 1st when Jets have to add is not that.
You are in the dressing room???

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
But why suggest Marner, when we all know there is zero chance he waives and zero chance of resigning? Just seems like a pointless thing to discuss. I'm not commenting on his current deal or his value, just there is no point trading for him or talking about him when it would never happen.

Marner will either finish his current deal with the Leafs or he will be traded to a team of his choosing largely (which will not include Western Canada teams IMO).

Let's be fair, neither of us know what Marner is thinking if the Leafs ask him to gtfo. He might be willing to go to any playoff team with a burning desire to prove Toronto (media) wrong (like a lot of past Leafs who seem to figure it out when dealt).

Jet's in a similar situation to Toronto the last few seasons. Maybe he thinks with him there they for sure make the playoffs again and he is seeing different teams and maybe finds his way.

Habs, Tampa, Bruins, Panthers have all played the Leafs super heavy. He wouldn't face that if he got the Avs in round 1 or Kings etc. I just think there is a fit.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Let's be fair, neither of us know what Marner is thinking if the Leafs ask him to gtfo. He might be willing to go to any playoff team with a burning desire to prove Toronto (media) wrong (like a lot of past Leafs who seem to figure it out when dealt).

Jet's in a similar situation to Toronto the last few seasons. Maybe he thinks with him there they for sure make the playoffs again and he is seeing different teams and maybe finds his way.

Habs, Tampa, Bruins, Panthers have all played the Leafs super heavy. He wouldn't face that if he got the Avs in round 1 or Kings etc. I just think there is a fit.

Fair enough, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Personally I see Marner trade to the Jets about as likely as me winning the 6/49 lottery.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
The first thing I would do is trade Ehlers. The guy is trash in the playoffs, soft, never shows up and is always injured in the regular season. See if you can get an upgrade on him.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
The first thing I would do is trade Ehlers. The guy is trash in the playoffs, soft, never shows up and is always injured in the regular season. See if you can get an upgrade on him.
He was probably the worst out of the jets star forwards. Just didnt do anything. Even monahan and schiflie. tried to screen the goalie.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Can whoever the coach is avoid the Connor - Scheifele pairing trap? Probably not.
Can you explain to non Jets fans what this trap is? I'm curious and I'd guess others are too.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Can you explain to non Jets fans what this trap is? I'm curious and I'd guess others are too.
The trap the coaches fall into because the 2 have great offensive chemistry and look so dangerous in the O zone.. Trouble is they bleed chances against.

When they are on separate lines they still produce fairly consistently. As soon as the team has a bad 10 minutes the coaches reunite them on a line.

I am not the hockey stats guy but others have posted a lot of evidence showing they are better NOT on the same line (expected goals etc)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad