OT: Around Hockey and the NHL

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
The atmosphere in Prague and Ostrava when Czechia or Slovakia is playing is better than I remember seeing at any international, or really any hockey game in a long time. I hope at least one of those two teams goes far in the tournament.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Just take away Bedard :facepalm:

There's a lot of extra information about the logo, which is basically irrelevant, and can muddy the impression, but here's what I'm reading:

In the lawsuit, Sanders said she was sexually harassed in 2022 by a man working with the organization.
The underline is mine, but the word 'with' is doing a lot of heavy lifting. Working 'for' is another thing.

In response to harassment allegations made by Ms. Sanders:

The Chicago Blackhawks have a zero tolerance policy for misconduct and take allegations of harassment in the workplace very seriously. In response to Ms. Sanders' allegations, the organization immediately conducted a thorough investigation with the assistance of outside counsel, including interviews with internal and external parties, and review of pertinent materials and digital records. Based on the information available to us, we found insufficient evidence to substantiate her claims. Of note, the persons identified by Ms. Sanders in your question are not, and have never been, independent contractors with nor employees of the Chicago Blackhawks.
At least two of the men accused of sexual harassment in the lawsuit worked for Native American entities that were receiving money the team's charity, CBS Chicago found. On Wednesday, CBS Chicago reached one of the men by phone, Joe Podlasek, who is the founder of the Trickster Cultural Center in Schaumburg. He denied the allegations.

So the issue is that she complained to her supervisor about inappropriate conduct at team events, and nothing was done about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad