Tidbits: Around the League: NHL News - 2023-24

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
My teams:

Florida (i'm going to try to get to one of these games if I can manage to get up to Sunrise)

Edmonton (I want McDavid to get a cup, and I like their overall team)

Dallas (Pavelski. That's it. I know I know, Suter, Benn...I don't mind as long as Pavs lifts the Cup)

I don't care about any of the other teams. Carolina I don't care yes or no, Boston NO. NY NO. Vancouver...I don't care really.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
My teams:

Florida (i'm going to try to get to one of these games if I can manage to get up to Sunrise)

Edmonton (I want McDavid to get a cup, and I like their overall team)

Dallas (Pavelski. That's it. I know I know, Suter, Benn...I don't mind as long as Pavs lifts the Cup)

I don't care about any of the other teams. Carolina I don't care yes or no, Boston NO. NY NO. Vancouver...I don't care really.
Dallas is tough for me. I think their entire team is pretty fun to watch, they have some really lovable players, and I'd be a fan of theirs if they played in a different division and hadn't already been a team called the North Stars. Jamie Benn was a long-time keeper of mine in a dynasty league. I love Jason Robertson and his remarkably punchable face. I really respect your ability to take the high road and look past the bits you don't like. Maybe I'll find my way there.

*looks at Ryan Suter's capfriendly page* Or maybe I won't.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
My team - Canes. Mainly because of their board, which is pretty good humored. I think spending big on Orlov is coming back to bite them, and Skjei has been killing them. Never liked his game.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Wow. Dallas is good, but not THAT good. The Avs are unrecognizable and making it so damn easy for the Stars. Looks like a group that would rather be golfing. They look like the Wild right now.

And the empty netter. Dallas is gonna end this in 5 or 6 easily.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Can't believe the Avs have quit. Where are all their big names? ESPN was humping MacK's leg all season, yet where is he now? They're being out shot 21-4 nearly halfway through the game. It's beyond embarrassing.

Reactions: Arturia Pendragon

Arturia Pendragon

Humble Optimist
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Holy Grail
Can't believe the Avs have quit. Where are all their big names? ESPN was humping MacK's leg all season, yet where is he now? They're being out shot 21-4 nearly halfway through the game. It's beyond embarrassing.
$20 says Parise whispers “Do it for Adam Oates” in Suter’s ear during the handshake line :sarcasm:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Nichushkin is a really important player for them , and was suspended just before the game by the league for the rest of the playoffs( 6 months) for violating the terms of their player assistance program. Toews, their 2nd best dman, is also out tonight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad