Player Discussion Auston Matthews Discussion

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
This debate is tiresome.

Just because you are not the best doesn't mean you are not good. And it certainly doesn't mean you don't want it.

The Leafs have failed as a team for a variety of reasons. One of them is Matthews hasn't produced as he does in the regular season.

The core didn't work together in the playoffs. Plain and simple.

Matthews has a higher GPG and PPG than Stamkos incthe playoffs and even with him being not great is top 60 alltime in both. In tje history of the league.

He needs to be more consistent for sure, but he hasn't been awful

I never said he was awful, but he has never been the best player in any of those series

For someone who has been the highest paid player in every one of those series for last 5 years that's very underwhelming

Look at Barkov against the Bruins. He's making MacCovy his little B****. He has owned the Bruins so far.

That's my argument. Anyways. We have beaten this to death.

Always appreciate the responses.

Reactions: Da Cool Rula

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
I never said he was awful, but he has never been the best player in any of those series

For someone who has been the highest paid player in every one of those series for last 5 years that's very underwhelming

Look at Barkov against the Bruins. He's making MacCovy his little B****. He has owned the Bruins so far.

That's my argument. Anyways. We have beaten this to death.

Always appreciate the responses.
It feels like you are neglecting everything Matthews does outside of raw points.

Being an elite defender, while being good on faceoffs, while being in the top of hits, blocks, takeaways all the time can't be looked past.

Matthews has done a lot. Just not enough yet. But like all the others on the list, outside McDavid and to an extent Mack, all it takes on one big run and he would be top 20 alltime

rielledup

Sep 17, 2015
What are you talking about? He was second on the team in hits for forwards and would have easily run away had he not missed two games.

He hit while forechecking.. he hit in his own zone.

You can go on about his lack of scoring, but he hits people all the time
It's crazy how people can be watching the same thing and observe something that's the complete opposite of each other. Like how do you miss Matthews hitting people?

Reactions: pdson and Jojalu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad