Blow this team up already!

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
That a bunch dollars did ofr failed to do something on the ice.
You're correct to the extent that the dollars themselves do not produce those results on the ice, but it is true that the players being paid those amounts produced those results.

NMacrules

May 30, 2021
Tre did not fire this ijit. We get queef for another year. IN his presser he eluded to the fact that is going to take the summer to figure some things out. He would not have said that if he thought Tre was going to shit can him.

QJo

Luke Warmtakes
Dec 8, 2016
Ontario
Bad analysis straight from the public school broadcasting network.
You don't talk and think and act as if you're not keeping your job until you are told you aren't keeping your job.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Tre did not fire this ijit. We get queef for another year. IN his presser he eluded to the fact that is going to take the summer to figure some things out. He would not have said that if he thought Tre was going to shit can him.
He still has a job, so he has to think as if he will be there. I don't think it is an allusion to anything. He also said the future was out of his hands. Personally, I think Keefe is a good coach, but I also support him being fired. I think if they really want a new approach going forward they should clean house.

Reactions: leafs in five

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
This year and next: Panarin, Zibanejad Krieder, Trochek, Fox, Shesterkin 47,434,524
This year Matty, Mitch, Tavares, Nylander 40,505,616
Next year Matty, Mitch, Tavares, Nylander 46,653,000

So in a nutshell, next year they get a #1D , #1G and their top 4 forwards for the virtually the same AAV as our top 4 forwards. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't NYC a more expensive city to live in than Toronto?

Reactions: seventieslord

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Another ex hockey player turned analystJason Strudwick says that the leafs up from cap structure is a problem and how can they afford the stud D that they really need.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Another ex hockey player turned analystJason Strudwick says that the leafs up from cap structure is a problem and how can they afford the stud D that they really need.
A stud D is great but they also need other puck moving D in the mix, 1, maybe 2 goalies if Woll is injury prone and a remade 3rd line that can score 50% more than what they are getting.

29Potvin

Jan 27, 2012
London Ontario
What is blow it up?
I don’t know if most people believe anything when it comes to the team management. There is only hope, no belief.
Hard to blow anything up when everyone has NMC 4 full and 2 10 teams just in the forward group.
Add Mo with Full and McCabe with 7 team
We also have no pick in 2025.
Unless Utah or Seattle would take Mitch and sign him for the contract he is looking for we are stuck this season.
Lots of risk for Mitch- Media and fans will be tough on him all summer and he is typically a slow starter so that will add pressure on him.
If he wants that 11-12 mil he and his agent believe he is worth Toronto may not be the best place, add it the potential of injury/ reduced role if the Leafs add PP QB or sign guys to term this offseason it could become a disaster real quick.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
No idea but some believe it should happen.
It seems there are 3 camps:
1. The scorched earth fire everyone. I don’t think there are many but it’s there. Not going to happen. I think even the most angry people aren’t moving Willy and Matthews.

2. Core change. I’m in this camp. Move Marner if possible. Matthews and Nylander are the 2 double digit forwards you build the top 2 lines around. Don’t worry about Tavares this year. Play it out. As for Rielly, same deal. We need to retool the D, upgrade the goalies and see how he and his salary fit into that. Bring in a new coach is fine. That’s the core change.

3. Run it back.

That’s what I see.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
tml.png

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
Bryan Hayes really brought the straight goods today, calling out the B.S and how feckless this franchise is. He is right too, "I will believe it when I see it". He is also right, do these "execs" have the stones to confront these players?

It's why I've said this franchise needs a deep pocket American to run it. Get it done for the love of your fans, hell, the world fan base and the country.

It is quite easy but it takes leadership. You don't need to be a pos or unprofessional, but, when players are paid massive amounts of cash you owe them nothing. Absolutely nothing when they fail. Start with the sugar and massage the idea. If that doesn't work you do what is needed for the team, NOT the player. That player is soon to be not a player for your team, accept it.

There were single mothers working the cash at grocery stores during covid for minimum wage and corporations and fans are supposed to get behind gutless playoff performances by some?

There should be zero warm and fuzzy. "You don't want to leave, pack your stuff you are heading to the Marlies because we need the roster spot"

It's that simple. Really. It's that simple.

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008

The problem now? Change is a year too late, at least.

As a result, the Leafs won’t be as free to make big, meaningful overhauls as they were last spring.

That’s especially true with Marner, who holds full control over his future next season because of the no-movement clause that kicked into his contract last July 1. Which means the Leafs can proceed on trade talks only if Marner agrees to them. Which means a potentially limited pool of destinations and a potentially limited pool of players and/or picks the Leafs can get in return.

Marner has one year left on his contract.

Any team interested in trading talent for him is going to want to keep him around for the long haul. Which means Marner has to not only be willing to go to that team but willing to come to terms on an extension with them. And the Leafs know from firsthand experience how difficult contract talks with his agent Darren Ferris can be.

Had the Leafs acted last summer, before Marner’s no-movement clause was activated, the Leafs would have had the freedom to move Marner anywhere they chose — without the extension concerns that come attached to any trade conversations.

(Two summers ago, Treliving executed a sign-and-trade that looked great initially: Matthew Tkachuk, who no longer wanted to play in Calgary, to Florida for Jonathan Huberdeau and MacKenzie Weegar. It hasn’t aged as well since the Flames almost immediately gave huge deals to Huberdeau and Weegar.)

It’s now possible Marner shuts down any attempts to move him. He could tell the Leafs he has no interest in leaving his hometown, not yet anyway. It could get ugly, in that case, if Shanahan and Treliving insist on a move.

The same could be true with Tavares, who has had a full no-movement clause for the entirety of his contract with the Leafs.

It’s not impossible that Shanahan’s Leafs finally decide to change the core — and simply can’t.

Reactions: ACC1224

57 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
It seems there are 3 camps:
1. The scorched earth fire everyone. I don’t think there are many but it’s there. Not going to happen. I think even the most angry people aren’t moving Willy and Matthews.

2. Core change. I’m in this camp. Move Marner if possible. Matthews and Nylander are the 2 double digit forwards you build the top 2 lines around. Don’t worry about Tavares this year. Play it out. As for Rielly, same deal. We need to retool the D, upgrade the goalies and see how he and his salary fit into that. Bring in a new coach is fine. That’s the core change.

3. Run it back.

That’s what I see.
Yup. I fit camp #2.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018

The problem now? Change is a year too late, at least.

As a result, the Leafs won’t be as free to make big, meaningful overhauls as they were last spring.

That’s especially true with Marner, who holds full control over his future next season because of the no-movement clause that kicked into his contract last July 1. Which means the Leafs can proceed on trade talks only if Marner agrees to them. Which means a potentially limited pool of destinations and a potentially limited pool of players and/or picks the Leafs can get in return.

Marner has one year left on his contract.

Any team interested in trading talent for him is going to want to keep him around for the long haul. Which means Marner has to not only be willing to go to that team but willing to come to terms on an extension with them. And the Leafs know from firsthand experience how difficult contract talks with his agent Darren Ferris can be.

Had the Leafs acted last summer, before Marner’s no-movement clause was activated, the Leafs would have had the freedom to move Marner anywhere they chose — without the extension concerns that come attached to any trade conversations.

(Two summers ago, Treliving executed a sign-and-trade that looked great initially: Matthew Tkachuk, who no longer wanted to play in Calgary, to Florida for Jonathan Huberdeau and MacKenzie Weegar. It hasn’t aged as well since the Flames almost immediately gave huge deals to Huberdeau and Weegar.)

It’s now possible Marner shuts down any attempts to move him. He could tell the Leafs he has no interest in leaving his hometown, not yet anyway. It could get ugly, in that case, if Shanahan and Treliving insist on a move.

The same could be true with Tavares, who has had a full no-movement clause for the entirety of his contract with the Leafs.

It’s not impossible that Shanahan’s Leafs finally decide to change the core — and simply can’t.
Clearly. So whichever loser put the kibosh on major trades of the core for the last 3 years, they are the one who has made this franchise and their fans the laughingstock of the sport. Full st\op.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2