Blues 2024 Off-Season Trade Proposals Thread

WeWentBlues

May 3, 2017
It all has to go through Krug. If he's still wanting to be here this season, everything else is moot.
Very true but I suspect part of the unwillingness to waive for Philadelphia last offseason had alot to do with who was behind the bench.

I suspect an ask to waive for Detroit to return back home to Michigan would be met more favorably.

Reactions: Blueston

Frenzy31

May 21, 2003
Very true but I suspect part of the unwillingness to waive for Philadelphia last offseason had alot to do with who was behind the bench.

I suspect an ask to waive for Detroit to return back home to Michigan would be met more favorably.

I can't see any fit in Detroit for him. They are pretty solid in the backend with multiple prospects pushing to make the roster.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Will the Blues try to acquire bottom pair D, or do they have prospects that they intend to fill those spots with?
if we deal krug we will need another nhl lhd behind leddy. marco scandella is ufa and the other guys at bottom of roster (tucker and perunovich) are fairly marginal so probably don't mind playing one regularly but not both.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Combining some of the thoughts in previous posts, if we could turn Krug and Buchnevich into Theodore, Määttä and Fabbri and sign a respectable 2C like Monahan or Duchene for 2-3 years I would call that a pretty good offseason. The trades are almost cap neutral and you might have enough dry powder to sign a desperate middle 6 winger to a 1 year deal right before camp starts.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Combining some of the thoughts in previous posts, if we could turn Krug and Buchnevich into Theodore, Määttä and Fabbri and sign a respectable 2C like Monahan or Duchene for 2-3 years I would call that a pretty good offseason. The trades are almost cap neutral and you might have enough dry powder to sign a desperate middle 6 winger to a 1 year deal right before camp starts.
not sure why we would want any of that? if we deal off our vets i would want to acquire young talent to fit our next wave, not aging guys on downside of their careeers.

Reactions: stl76

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
not sure why we would want any of that? if we deal off our vets i would want to acquire young talent to fit our next wave, not aging guys on downside of their careeers.
Agreed. Papering over roster issues with aging vets is how you we end up in the mushy middle.

Stay the course, take your medicine, draft and develop the youth while keeping cap space/options open for ACTUAL difference makers.

Davimir Tarablad

Sep 16, 2015
I’d be all for turning 3 years of Krug into 1 year of Fabbri+Maatta. I have negative interest in a Buch trade like that though.

Reactions: Blueston

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
Agreed. Papering over roster issues with aging vets is how you we end up in the mushy middle.

Stay the course, take your medicine, draft and develop the youth while keeping cap space/options open for ACTUAL difference makers.
The Blues don’t need Theodore. They need to identify the next Theodore before anyone else does, and acquire him for less value, sign him long term and build a core that is synchronized.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
The Blues don’t need Theodore. They need to identify the next Theodore before anyone else does, and acquire him for less value, sign him long term and build a core that is synchronized.
100% agree. Theodore is fine player but we need to stop chasing 2022 Cup. That ship has sailed. We need to be focused on next window which could open as soon as 2-3 years from now with some luck and smart moves. I don't want to see us trade any high value assets (1sts or 2nds or equivalent players/prospects) for pretty much anyone older than 25, no matter how good they are, as it will only shortcircuit this process..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad