C Gavin Brindley - University of Michigan, NCAA (2023, 34th, CBJ)

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Brindley has been an excellent addition to the USA WC roster, and he's seemingly beaten out fellow 2023 draftees Leonard (8th OA) and Smith (4th OA) for the final forward roster spot.

You can't help but wonder how much higher he would go today in a redraft.
If he was two inches taller he’s top 6-10. The dude is unreal. Make no mistake, Smith and Leonard are awesome and I love those players. But, there is a reason he beat both of them out in the WJC two years ago.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
If he was two inches taller he’s top 6-10. The dude is unreal. Make no mistake, Smith and Leonard are awesome and I love those players. But, there is a reason he beat both of them out in the WJC two years ago.
Even 1 inch taller. I’ve compared him to Marco Rossi, who went 9th at 5’9. Brindley is 5’8. 5’9 is palatable enough for NHL teams. You can debate that maybe he grows an inch or if it’s worth letting 1 inch knock down a very good player. When it’s a 5’8 player, it’s a harder player for teams to justify.

MichaelFarrell

Aug 29, 2016
Pittsburgh, PA
Even 1 inch taller. I’ve compared him to Marco Rossi, who went 9th at 5’9. Brindley is 5’8. 5’9 is palatable enough for NHL teams. You can debate that maybe he grows an inch or if it’s worth letting 1 inch knock down a very good player. When it’s a 5’8 player, it’s a harder player for teams to justify.
I think it’s not just height. I kind of used “two-inches” as a filler for “was a bit bigger”. Watching him live the first time you could tell he was just so slight of frame. But, I definitely agree with you

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad