Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Preds - 4-3 (OT) (Boeser x3, Lindholm) | I JUST HAD A BABY

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
support your own players? if your hate vs your own players >>> your hate against the team that we are trying to beat in a playoff series, you have the wrong priorities

I support Petey. I believe in his abilities and want him to do well.

That doesn't change the fact that his performance so far, including what happened on that play, has been downright embarrassing.

The push on Petey was a nothing-burger. If we did that to the Preds we'd be laughing and would be livid if we were penalized for it.

Petey has had no pushback in this series and that was like Exhibit A.

It just is what it is.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I support Petey. I believe in his abilities and want him to do well.

That doesn't change the fact that his performance so far, including what happened on that play, has been downright embarrassing.

The push on Petey was a nothing-burger. If we did that to the Preds we'd be laughing and would be livid if we were penalized for it.

Petey has had no pushback in this series and that was like Exhibit A.

It just is what it is.
i think you don't hit other players period once you score a goal. if you are on skates and you don't expect it and somebody hits you, yeah you are going to fall.

like i said, if that wasn't Petey and it was somebody else, I would still be equally pissed off because f*** the Preds because they are our enemies.

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
I had 4 games yesterday as our playoffs wrapped up. I play in our B and C leagues....Not sure I'll ever do C again. I was asked to join to help out and teach but I'm tired of being hacked with the refs using a "they are learning still" as an excuse for no call. Because they are learning is precisely the reason it needs to be called. Anyways....I missed the game.

I see a lot fo talk about how bad the canucks were and that is likely the case. But the interesting thing in these games is that the Preds aren't creating a lot of scoring chances and lanes are being kept clear for the goaltenders. I watched a few highlight packs and there aren't a huge number of big saves being shown when normally they would be. I look at natural stat trick and the scoring chances are about even.

Either way a win is a win is a win. Third string goaltender in his first playoff game. A dressing room that is likely still battling the flu. Ending this in 5 would be huge so that everyone can recover a bit.
I do think that Myers wasn't the only battling the flu and last night they didn't play great for long stretches but I think some people are overreacting a bit.

With Demko in net during the regular season the nucks averaged almost a goal more per game and you can see how risk adverse they are without Demko. Nashville also deserves credit for how well they have clogged the NZ.

The two empty net goals were obviously helped by being 6 on 5 but the way I see it a big thing was the fact they obviously opened up full throttle because they had no choice but to and as soon as they had that attack mentality they looked like the team we saw on many nights this season.

At the end of the day I could care less about getting a bunch of shots as long as we do what we've done all year and capitilize on our high danger chances and win the special teams battle.

We saw the best version of the preds for most of the game yet we play arguably our most listless game of the year for 55 minutes and still managed to win and now that we're up 3-1 I think we see them play a much more aggressive game on Tuesday, at least the start.

One thing I think we should do is unite the lotto line, not because Suter deserves a demotion but to try and get EP his confidence back.

I'm not as negative towards him as others have been because I think his wingers have been worse than him and EP at his best maybe gets his wingers going but right now he needs guys to pick him up and that's ok he just needs one big game to get that swagger back and it baffles me that some people here are turning on him to the point one poster said he wishes we had moved him for Because a guy with what a 40 point career high?

What an absolute joke but sadly with this fan base who has wanted to run Quinn, Brock, JT, Garland out of town as recently as this season for two of the above listed.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Watching Game 4 replay - some of the details of the game seem clearer when im not pumped on adrenaline. Theres a sequence where the Canucks are on the PP, they turn the puck over at the blue line and it looks like Petey stands still, - Nashville player is off to the races on a potential 2 on 1.

Theres got to be something wrong with EP40's lower body, probably groin. Even when he gets going it looks like he is going half the speed. He couldnt even keep up with the second Nashville player on that sequence.
groin? take your pick wrist when hes not even bothering shooting finish them up tuesday and rest up

LuckyDay

Mar 25, 2011
The Uncanny Valley
for the first five minutes of the intermission between the third and OT, my minor hockey linemate and i were flurry texting each other before we had to go back to paying attention to our respective kids that we were watching the game with, two time zones apart.

can’t say i didn’t feel sad for that kiddo
I know right. that was me at 10 or 11 years old when the Canucks were eliminated. My mother saw that and started laughing at me.
I like that this kid's parent is fixing his hair.

Javaman

Jul 13, 2010
Vancouver
The amount of Saros blaming in the Preds forum when this was their team "defending" the tying goal:

1714353490493-png.861476
If you pan out a bit you'll see that there are 4 Canucks' skaters closer to the puck than any other Predator skater.

If this were curling, the Canucks would have won the game 6-3 right then and there.

MarkMM

Jan 30, 2010
Delta, BC
If you pan out a bit you'll see that there are 4 Canucks' skaters closer to the puck than any other Predator skater.

If this were curling, the Canucks would have won the game 6-3 right then and there.

LOL Zadorov is deeper than any of their defensemen.

• Love
Reactions: Indiana

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
as myers was maybe our most solid dman last game, anyone else wondering whether the whole team has the flu and because he had the game off he’s the only guy on the other side of it?

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Canucks are up 3-1 and still haven't played their best hockey by a longshot. And they'll have to be a lot better in game #5 than they were tonight.

Closing out a best of seven is always the toughest game. Although you hardly blame Nashville if they're demoralized after this one.

I mean Colton Sissons hits the post with an open net; and the Canucks score twice in the last three minutes. You could wait another 10 years and not see a playoff game like that.
Sissons a north van native grew up a Canuck fan he secretly didn’t want to ice that GO CANUXKS GO!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad