Speculation: Caps Roster General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines/etc) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

Roshi

Feb 7, 2013
Finland
Tavares isnt waiving his bajamas-nmc to play in a non contender for one year.

im up for trading a goalie for offence though. Goalies get hot and not. Kuemper might take his starter role back next season. I like Stevenson/Shepard sharing as a back-up for 25-30ish games next year. Go for it, trade the one that makes most sense return-wise.

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
All I know is that to help Ovie getting the record that their needs to be better team speed on the front and backend.
They need speed and youth regardless of the record. Something tells me Ovi does not want to be hitting 895 on a bottom feeder team.

Best thing management could do is use cap space and assets to assemble a competitive team for the next 2-3 years. They have the means to do it. Now lets see if GMBM will continue to be frugal with their space and assets or if they will finally make some meaningful moves.

With team success the record will come naturally. This season alone showed how much Ovi was into it when they were fighting for the playoffs. Without team success, this will be a very painful couple of years and good chance without the record.

I hope management does not waist these next few years. This year, the way the team was constructed even before the puck dropped, it was an abomination and a huge failure from the beginning.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Lindgren, Dowd are my trade chips in a Marner deal along with picks (#17, 2nd, 3rd, etc) and maybe Jensen or TvR if they had interest in a RHD

-Toronto fills key positions with cheap contracts for a run this year
-Toronto opens up cap space to target whoever they want (Stamkos? Matt Roy? Whoever)

I think it’s not that far fetched when you layer in the teams that can absorb Marners current cap, his next cap, and his NMC that they move him for picks and decent value contracts. I’d even consider Cristall if that’s what it came down to

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

Ehlers has been mentioned a bunch here, so more evidence that he should be available in a trade. He'd be a great addition but there could be a lot of competition for his services.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad