Player Discussion Darnell Nurse is a #1 dman

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Can Nurse be bought out?

Too many bonuses in the contract. Barely any savings, and his buyout cap hit would actually be $9.58M for 3 years of it, higher than his current caphit.

Probably would have to trade + retain.

It's actually a pretty crazy buyout. Suppose it would give 2 years of massive relief, but then we get slammed for 4 years.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I can't help but think this all the time too. I really want to see Nurse tried on the wing one day. Maybe he would even have time to play tough and throw good hits.
Have you seen Nurse with the puck on his stick? Terrible winger. He literally looks down at the puck when against the boards. He has zero awareness where anyone is. I shutter to think of him on a cycle cuz he just lofts pucks away from himself to be absolved of any wrong doing. He would annihilate any semblance pf chance to help McDrai keep plays alive

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
Really interesting idea, and could actually work. Doubt that they ever consider this and even if they do, doubt he agrees to it. Too much pride
No, coaches are too smart to try this. How much sample size do we need to see him skate low and just throw the puck away?

Said this from his days in JR, He refuses to make a blueline straddle or juke. Watching him freeze up with that stupid one leg extended but stationary flop dump cuz he can't compute a lateral move. . He gets frozen like a dummy waaaaaaaay too often.
The only move he has ALWAYS done with space is skate low, and he ALWAYS tosses it away. Never does it end up a grade A chance or a smart rebound shot. It's literally nothingness. He's been doing this since the OHL.

I watched him do this 20x in one game in a championship match. He sucks. Always has

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad