Series Discussion Division Finals vs Colorado Avalanche | STARS WIN 4-2

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
No thanks to Petrovic as a regular

Having him and Suter on the ice at the same time in OT was terrifying

Who you putting in over Petro?

I didn’t feel nervous at all with Petro once I saw his first few shifts.

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
And also like I figured back in April, the Avs "home advantage" was built off of regular season bullshit scheduling where they get to sit at home acclimated and play opponents who flew in the night before. Once both teams are on the same schedule, it vanished.

Reactions: redbeardtx

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
My ass puckered every time Petrovic was on the ice- especially when he was matched up against 29
I agree I was nervous too a times because at the end of the day it’s a 6th/7th Dman matching up against an elite player. It’s a given to be weary of that matchup.

That being said, he did his job and didn’t have any hiccups. As the game went on he showed he is a serviceable guy to have playing 8-10 minutes over anyone else we have AINEC.

Not painting Petro to be great, but in the one game he’s played, it’s refreshing to see after rolling Nils 2mins a game and f***ing up in his very limited minutes, he did what he had to do.

Reactions: LT

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
OK, so I'm not someone that usually has a "second choice" team. I've been around hockey long enough that I pretty much have a good reason to hate each and every team. But when the Avalanche beat the shmevils in the SC finals around like 20 years ago, I developed a soft sport for them, especially since the franchise was new.

That is, up until Georgiev signed with them. I didn't think it was a horrible move for them; kind of the best of a bad situation.

All Ranger fans hate Georgiev, and the last thing I wanted to see was him beating the Rangers in the finals when he's not good enough to sharpen Shesterkin's dog's skates.

So thanks for beating the Avalanche. If we meet in the finals, I'll probably be calling you ugly f***ing pricks in silly ass ten gallon f***ing hats, but for today, you guys are OK with me.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Screenshot_20240518-161109~2.png

The beautiful game

Arkham32

Nov 9, 2012
So I hope the other series goes to 7 games and Vancouver wins game 7. Just faced Mackinnon and makar who the refs love to help win. I don’t want another series with mcdavid and draisaitl and the refs helping them.
I would much rather have the oilers they are literally a one line team even worse than the Avs. They also don’t have a defenseman like makar and huge goaltending issues while nucks will probably get demko back for the stars and have pretty solid depth throughout the lineup.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
Some historical trivia following the Mavericks win tonight: the last time an arena hosted the SCF and NBA Finals the same year was 2003 in New Jersey. It was also the last time an arena had hosted both as deep as the conference finals. With the Stars and Mavs both moving on to the WCF, American Airlines Center has now broken that 21 year conference final drought.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad