Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Yes you are. Why would Berube look at it the same way you do? They gonna pay him to come to TO and coach.

Why make a big deal out of it? Are you saying Keefe has the balls to coach in Toronto but Berube doesn't?

Nonsense.
Any team will pay him, he's one of the best coaches available. He's going to have multiple offers this offseason, why are you so sure he wants to go to Toronto? What are you basing that on? You're the one who is thinking Berube looks at it the same way you do.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Any team will pay him, he's one of the best coaches available. He's going to have multiple offers this offseason, why are you so sure he wants to go to Toronto? What are you basing that on? You're the one who is thinking Berube looks at it the same way you do.
Why would I think negative or try to prove a negative? Thats absurd. According to you Keefe will coach in Toronto but Berube is too much of a coward to take the job.

Do you have some sort of insider information that says Berube would turn it down?

Or like I said from the beginning. JUST YOUR OPINION.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Leaf fans seem to be putting all the blame on Marner when all of their forwards are too scared to do anything. Marner is apparently the scapegoat for the whole team being soft as 2ply.
Its because Marner is one defensive sob and complains and whines any chance he gets...refs, media, fans whereas the other guys dont. We are aware of the other guys issues but Marner has not endeared himself with the leafs faithful like at all. Nylander super chill no matter what, matthews just says the usual stuff same as Tavares.

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
Turns out not showing up for the last bunch of RS games and not ramping up for the playoffs so they could chase individual accomplishments wasnt a good idea. Who knew they wouldnt be able to just flick a switch and turn it on?
Everyone watching them basically.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Wow, I didn't realizes all that. I appreciate the info. That's super disappointing as I feel like most fans would love to have him on the team. But I don't want someone with those flaws getting paid like he doesn't have any.

Even if he just had some heart and got physical, but to avoid all of that and not produce to the offensive expectation is a slap in the face to teammates, ownership, and the fans.
if you haven’t already, check out the clip someone posted earlier of Jay Rosehill taking out the flamethrower

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Why would I think negative or try to prove a negative? Thats absurd. According to you Keefe will coach in Toronto but Berube is too much of a coward to take the job.

Do you have some sort of insider information that says Berube would turn it down?

Or like I said from the beginning. JUST YOUR OPINION.
Why would choosing to coach a different team other than Toronto make him a coward? Again, he will have his choice of several teams this offseason. Do you have insider information that he wants to coach Toronto? Maybe he values privacy and a quiet place to live. Maybe he values warm weather. Maybe he likes living in the US more than Canada. You have no idea if he actually wants to coach in Toronto or not, and all I'm asking is why he'd want to coach in Toronto of all places.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
I'll be honest, Boston has not been impressive. They have not been bad, but they have not been great. The Leafs have been complete trash, they are not prepared and play with 0 intensity. Marchand has been really good, Debrusk has been good, but Pastrnak and McAvoy haven't really done anything.
Gotta say I totally disagree with you on the Bruins. They play hard, disciplined and for each other. They forecheck the snot of us, win most board battles and have better goaltending....other than that yea i guess they havent been impressive...like what?

Pasta plays hard when he isnt scoring though he does have 4pts as does Mcavoy....and we are watching different games if you think Mcavoy hasnt really done anything. The guy is a stud that I would love on our team.

Actually its the most fun i've had in awhile and even better seeing the players going at each other on the bench priceless go bruins go.
Its the most emotion Ive seen from those guys....thats something...right?

CoffeyMcMan

Mar 24, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Yup. That’s exactly what Toronto needs: another 10+ million dollar forward.

Exactly. I’ve never met Connor McDavid, but I heard him say (ironically) on NHL Radio that the interviews and the media attention are his least favorite parts of the game. One would think Toronto would be the LAST place he would ever go.

I have to ask: which one is the funniest? It HAS to be the 2019 Game 7 video.
I think "losing an actual nhl game to a 42 year old zamboni driver who works for them" would have to be the funniest.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
Fans can do whatever they want; it's their right since they paid the ticket. But I do think boo'ing doesn't help the cause especially with the fragile confidence of this Leaf core. Fans can absolutely pick up a team's play thru their energy and if the energy they're giving out is negative when the team is struggling, I think it makes their job a lot harder.
The fans gave all the energy one could want to start that game but if the team is gonna lay down and curl up then they get what they deserve. This group does not deserve the benefit of the doubt at this stage.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
Why would choosing to coach a different team other than Toronto make him a coward? Again, he will have his choice of several teams this offseason. Do you have insider information that he wants to coach Toronto? Maybe he values privacy and a quiet place to live. Maybe he values warm weather. Maybe he likes living in the US more than Canada. You have no idea if he actually wants to coach in Toronto or not, and all I'm asking is why he'd want to coach in Toronto of all places.
Do you have any proof at all that Berube said he would turn the job down?

If not then again like I said before you wanted to argue, its just your opinion.

RiverbottomChuck

Jul 20, 2018
Washington DC
Gotta say I totally disagree with you on the Bruins. They play hard, disciplined and for each other. They forecheck the snot of us, win most board battles and have better goaltending....other than that yea i guess they havent been impressive...like what?

Pasta plays hard when he isnt scoring though he does have 4pts as does Mcavoy....and we are watching different games if you think Mcavoy hasnt really done anything. The guy is a stud that I would love on our team.

Its the most emotion Ive seen from those guys....thats something...right?
After getting schooled by Matthews in Game 2 on that goal Mac has tightened up his defense really well and looked like far and away the best defensive skater in game 4. I think it also helps that Lohrei somehow went from a shaky leg deer in game 3 to a poised nhl vet on defense in game 4.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
Do you have any proof at all that Berube said he would turn the job down?

If not then again like I said before you wanted to argue, its just your opinion.
So let me get this straight, your logic is "Berube hasn't said he would turn down the job in Toronto, so that means he's 100% going to sign with them".

Brilliant critical thinking skills.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022
So let me get this straight, your logic is "Berube hasn't said he would turn down the job in Toronto, so that means he's 100% going to sign with them".

Did I say that? I said he has given no reason he would turn it down if offered.

Now, its your turn to prove a negative. You said he wouldn't come to Toronto if offered the job.

Do you have any proof or not? If you do post it already or move on.

toddkaz

Nov 25, 2022

Me - There is a chance Berube could be the next leaf coach.

You - So you are saying he is 100% going to be the coach?!?! Are you stupid?

LOL

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
For all the talk about Marner being the bad guy right now he has more playoff points compared to Matthews. Both played 54 games, Marner 49 points, Matthews 47. The way people are talking about him it is as if he has 10 career points or something. Fact is the entire core sucks. Every player has had glimpses over the years but all have faded and become invisible. And that's an inevitable fact at this point.

Completely off topic but McDavid has played 52 playoff games and has a ridiculous 84 points. Now that's a player where you don't question his compete and heart.

Givememoneyback

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
What's with the scheduling of this series? For the second time in a row there are two days off between games.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
whoa - are there some Leafs fans on here that actually think poaching McDavid is in their future and that, better yet, it would solve anything for them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad