Series Talk: ECSF-Florida Panthers vs Boston Bruins (FLA leads 3-2)

Who wins and in how many games

• Cats in 4

Votes: 28 4.6%
  • Cats in 5

Votes: 180 29.9%
  • Cats in 6

Votes: 221 36.7%
  • Cats in 7

Votes: 46 7.6%
  • Bruins in 4

Votes: 6 1.0%
  • Bruins in 5

Votes: 11 1.8%
  • Bruins in 6

Votes: 59 9.8%
  • Bruins in 7

Votes: 52 8.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

Like this? Message already received.

Lot and I mean a lot different when its to the temple and at speed they were moving, get real.

I think if you showed a layman the Bennet/Marchand play who has never seen hockey before that play they would almost definitely respond with "you surely aren't allowed to do that right, just a punch a guy in the face?" Thats how obviously wrong it was.

And the league is telling us thats a regular hockey play.

But hey some people actually believe that so :help:
It WASN'T TO THE FACE. It was to the temple, big difference.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Evergreen:

1715632029563.jpeg

YukonCornelius

Apr 13, 2018
After sleeping on it and looking back it feels like two things could be mutually agreed upon:

1. The Bennett goal should not have been allowed.
2. The Panthers were going to win anyways as they had tilted the ice in the third.

All comes out in the wash, but I think Bruins fans feel pissed off that it went down that way with the culprit being the guy who many feel should have been suspended for a game.

Most Bruins fans were happy with making the playoffs and a bonus of beating the Leafs in the first round again. Florida is right in their window to contend and were going to win that game unless Swayman stole it outright.

C depth taking over as the series goes on.
This is pretty spot on.

As a Bs fan, I had no delusion that they should beat Florida this round. But when that slim chance of success takes a serious hit due to multiple questionable calls/non-calls, it can be pretty frustrating.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Why on earth would Fla be complaining!!?? They’ve gotten every questionable call go their way all post season. They hack and the opponent is taken off, they dive and it’s ignored . How many goals have been overturned in their favor in the first 2 rounds already 3-4? It’s laughable to not admit officiating has overwhelming been in Fla favor .
Well, the comment I replied to said I was the “pot calling the kettle black”....
That was my question to him. Follow along with conversation, and such things won’t go right past you.

• Haha
Reactions: Mase

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Everyone gets that, what you don’t get is that at the end of the day this is a job to most of these guys and they don’t have the same hate for each other the fans think or wish they had. No one on the bruins is going to punch a panther in the temple to injure them because they are either on the same national team, grew up playing together, or have respect for each other. Maybe years ago but it’s not like that anymore even when unfortunate or dirty things happen.
The fact that everyone is talking about a punch to the face is proof they don't get it.

mobilus

Five and a game
Jan 6, 2009
high slot
Nah, you're on your own here, bud. Read the thread. Most fanbases, even rivals Leafs and Habs fans are pretty pissed about this.
I don't think "pissed" is the right word. For years we've been saying the reffing is crooked, and people made fun of that with "it's playoff hockey," "you're sore losers," "they didn't call it so it wasn't a penalty," et cetera. This is one of those things you won't understand until it happens to you, and now it's happening to Boston. Learn to live with the inequities because this league has designed that into their process. It's their league. The team owners "own" it. They'll do what they want, they always have.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
i wonder if gregory campbell being assistant GM of the panthers accounts for the bizarre officiating, where flying sucker punches to the temple are ok if the panthers do it, where video evidence is withheld until it's too late, etc.

• Haha
Reactions: stampedingviking

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
i wonder if gregory campbell being assistant GM of the panthers accounts for the bizarre officiating, where flying sucker punches to the temple are ok if the panthers do it, where video evidence is withheld until it's too late, etc.
Someone else already beat you to this one :dunno:

Reactions: RogerRoger

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut

Yeah I’m sure that’s it. 🤦‍♂️

Can’t we just go with the refs are generally incompetent, the league is run by bafoons, and sometimes the collective screw ups go against a particular team without there necessarily being bias?

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Yeah I’m sure that’s it. 🤦‍♂️

Can’t we just go with the refs are generally incompetent, the league is run by bafoons, and sometimes the collective screw ups go against a particular team without there necessarily being bias?

it would explain why the bruins got favorable treatment a decade ago and why the panthers get favorable treatment today

it's not outlandish; colin campbell has been exposed for meddling in officiating to favor his boy

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
it would explain why the bruins got favorable treatment a decade ago and why the panthers get favorable treatment today

it's not outlandish; colin campbell has been exposed for meddling in officiating to favor his boy

Ok the guy that said something about tin foil hats? I apologize.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018

Maybe if you run around wearing tinfoil headgear, perhaps

Reactions: YukonCornelius

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Most Boston fans know Panthers are better team who know Boston will only win with Swayman standing on his head for 6 games to win. Ain't happening.

Panthers have tons of high skill, highly drafted players.
A #1 overall
#2 overall
#2 overall
#4 overall
#6 overall
#6 overall
#12 overall

Then add massive steals in Montour\Forsling and yeah its a stacked team.

Then add some brutal calls and non calls its simple why B's fans are pissed.

I voted Panthers in 6 for what its worth.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I don't think "pissed" is the right word. For years we've been saying the reffing is crooked, and people made fun of that with "it's playoff hockey," "you're sore losers," "they didn't call it so it wasn't a penalty," et cetera. This is one of those things you won't understand until it happens to you, and now it's happening to Boston. Learn to live with the inequities because this league has designed that into their process. It's their league. The team owners "own" it. They'll do what they want, they always have.
Everyone can handle game management but when the NHL turns away from blatant
cheapshotting and ignoring clearly defined rules its the worst I have seen in 60 years of watching the NHL.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad