Fans of teams that aren’t in it, whose bandwagon are you jumping on?

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
It’s not too late Canada. This bandwagon has plenty of room. A Cup for Edmonton is a Cup for our whole country and chance to save our heritage and the very fabric of our society.
Nope.

I'd cheer for Calgary though. Their fans treat the stanley cup playoffs like mardis gras!

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Edmonton sitting wayyyyy up on their high horse, only took 4 first overalls to finally find that saddle.
For real though. The NHL had to step in and finally put an end to that crap by making an anti Edmonton rule where the top pick is a lottery draw.

So once McDavid is gone, Edmonton's up shits creek trying to get players to want to play there.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
For real though. The NHL had to step in and finally put an end to that crap by making an anti Edmonton rule where the top pick is a lottery draw.

So once McDavid is gone, Edmonton's up shits creek trying to get players to want to play there.
Top pick lottery draw started in 1995.
McDavid wasn’t even born yet.

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation

Take a walk in the nice weather. Watch a good movie. Get yourself thinking about something else for a bit.

Healing is a slow process but you need to start somewhere.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Top pick lottery draw started in 1995.
McDavid wasn’t even born yet.

"From 1995 through 2012, the league's rules stipulated that the club selected in the Draft Lottery could not move up more than four positions in the draft order. Thus, the only clubs with the opportunity to receive the first overall selection were the five teams with the lowest regular-season point totals, or the clubs that acquired an eligible club's first-round draft pick. No club will move down more than one position as a result of the Draft Lottery.

Prior to the 2014-15 season, prominent changes were made to the lottery. For the 2015 lottery, the odds were changed, giving less weight to finishing 30th overall. In addition to a more spread out distribution of odds, the opportunity to select first overall was awarded to any team that wins the lottery instead of the maximum four-slot advancement.

From 2016 through 2019, the top three picks were awarded through the draw, ensuring the team that finishes 30th overall is guaranteed only a top-four selection, instead of the second pick being a worst-case scenario."

Basically in 2015 (McDavid's draft year), they changed it to give less weight to finishing 30th overall. But then Edmonton f***ing won it again. LOL So they changed it, AGAIN in 2016 so that the team finishing 30th overall would get a top 4 pick, not a top 2 pick.

The anti-Edmonton rule.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
At least it'd be from emotions over my own team.
Oh please, this entire segue in this thread is a low key "look at me please" from the Edmonton fan base because they are always annoyed at the attention Toronto gets over them.

We have to hear about it almost every day, every season and every playoffs.

:rolleyes:

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Oh please, this entire segue in this thread is a low key "look at me please" from the Edmonton fan base because they are always annoyed at the attention Toronto gets over them.

You are a Leafs fan telling a fan of another team we hear too much about that team?

Wow.

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY

You have some serious "My Dad can beat up your dad energy." As someone who lived in Toronto for a time, no one cares outside of Toronto as much as you think they do. We just enjoy some schadenfreude when the localized molten crucible of media coverage eviscerates your team every year.

Reactions: Fishy McScales

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
I'm telling you that Edmonton fans complain to god damn much that nobody pays enough attention to them.

That everything is about Toronto.

Yes.
The lack of self-awareness is staggering. Completely baffling.

Combine that with a posting style that is both vacuous and belligerent at the same time, and I think we've discovered an early Most Toxic Poster of the Year Award candidate!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad