FHM 9

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada
In historical mode, is there a way to have real NHL players in the draft for only a season or two, and then migrate to computer generated players? For example, I'd love to start a historical game after the 1993-94 season, and wouldn't mind if the 94 and even 95 draft classes were "real", but after that I want computer generated draft classes and to deviate from real history.

Not in Historical mode, no. The closest thing you could do would be to start a Custom game and import the '93 teams, and play - but you'd have ai generated classes from the beginning.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
These games are wild at times. This is FHM9 with a start in 2022 believe - am now in 2025 and the following trade just went through
1711572948505.png

Reactions: CasusBelli

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
These games are wild at times. This is FHM9 with a start in 2022 believe - am now in 2025 and the following trade just went through
View attachment 842361
I usually start in 1926 as NYR (their first year in the league). I love getting clever with trades to land a team featuring Richard, Mosienko Schmidt, Pratt, Lach, Max Bentley, Syd Howe, Quackenbush, Brimsek and a few others. I don't know how many of those names mean much to you (other than Richard), but it'd be the equivalent of having McDavid, MacKinnon, Matthews, Panarin, Kucherov, Pasta, Makar, Fox and this year's Bob on the same team.

Trading is 90% of the fun. Also seeing some nobodies become superstars and some actual superstars becoming relative nobodies is entertaining (e.g., in another game I played, Bure never put up more than 20 goals per season, and Bobby Hull never developed into more than a third liner; meanwhile, Bobby Orr reached 200 points a few times, and Beliveau reached 120+ several times). I also love that coaching makes a huge difference in development (Laster Patrick at the start followed by Frank Selke proved incredible for the first set of players I mentioned).

I realize I might be going off on a tangent, but I just love FHM 10 (and its predecessors), even if it means passing on some generational / amazing talents because they're locker room poison.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
@KnightAttack I'm guessing you're "Jeff" from the OOTP forum. As I'm not registered there, I thought I'd mention a few things:
1. Frequent crashes (all games) when starting in 1909 (things stabilize after the first year or two)
2. Awards are a little screwy: the left panel still shows previous winners, often before the award even exists (e.g., Maurice Rocket Richard award, among others, shows Nels Stewart as the winner for about 15 seasons, even though: 1) the award didn't exist, and 2) Stewart wasn't the leading scorer that year.
3. It's a bit confusing when starting in 1909 to have so many effectually free agents shown under Minor Leagues -> Free Agents through the top menu, but not having them visible in the Free Agent Center through Transactions. I effectually bought out my entire Habs roster and replaced it with Minor Leagues -> Free Agents players with 3.5+ potential that didn't show up in the Free Agent Center. Examples of players include Punch Broadbent, Joe Simpson, Leo Reise, Joe Malone.

EDIT: Also wanted to point out that Fog of War doesn't quite work, as I can still see the player ratings in Profile (attached). This is all in FHM10.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 11.35.17 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-07 at 11.35.17 AM.png
    260.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Captain34

Sep 18, 2019
@KnightAttack I'm guessing you're "Jeff" from the OOTP forum. As I'm not registered there, I thought I'd mention a few things:
1. Frequent crashes (all games) when starting in 1909 (things stabilize after the first year or two)
2. Awards are a little screwy: the left panel still shows previous winners, often before the award even exists (e.g., Maurice Rocket Richard award, among others, shows Nels Stewart as the winner for about 15 seasons, even though: 1) the award didn't exist, and 2) Stewart wasn't the leading scorer that year.
3. It's a bit confusing when starting in 1909 to have so many effectually free agents shown under Minor Leagues -> Free Agents through the top menu, but not having them visible in the Free Agent Center through Transactions. I effectually bought out my entire Habs roster and replaced it with Minor Leagues -> Free Agents players with 3.5+ potential that didn't show up in the Free Agent Center. Examples of players include Punch Broadbent, Joe Simpson, Leo Reise, Joe Malone.

EDIT: Also wanted to point out that Fog of War doesn't quite work, as I can still see the player ratings in Profile (attached). This is all in FHM10.

Hello friend, I suggest you raise your concerns on the OOTP forum, which I see that you are a part of. It's likelier that you will get a response there and quicker. The developers are pretty good in this regard.

KnightAttack

Jan 3, 2017
Canada

No, I'm not Jeff. I'm Adam - the Community Manager. I did pass your message onto Jeff though and we'll look into a few things.

We may need some more details on the crashes if we're not able to replicate what you're seeing though. Most of our test games have been fine (not to mention my own personal games) but we'll see if we can track down a cause as well.

• Love

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad