Speculation: Fire Rob Blake Blow it Up Offseason Thread (update: Robitaille, Blake and Hiller stay)

AbsentMojo

F-ing get up and hunt! Cmon Todd!
Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
There is no reason to bring back Roy for the price he will command, and it’s just yet another example of gross asset mismanagement by this teams brass.

Next year should see

Anderson-Drew
Gavvy-Clarke
Englund-Spence

as the opening night pairs. Ideally, you see an upgrade on that bottom pairs left side, but it’s at least a start in teething the future cornerstones of this teams blue line.
They have to upgrade 3LD.. please get Zadorov.. nasty and much better and affordable if you have the brains to let go of Roy.. but I doubt Zadorov would want to sign on with this shit show anyway.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
They have to upgrade 3LD.. please get Zadorov.. nasty and much better and affordable if you have the brains to let go of Roy.. but I doubt Zadorov would want to sign on with this shit show anyway.
I agree that's one of the major areas of need. Sounds like Zad is gonna re-sign in Vancouver. I think people will be surprised how much he gets if he goes to market. This is also his last chance to really cash out.

Or you could give a retirement contract to Skej.

Skej-Doughty
Anderson-Clarke
Gavrikov-Spence
Englund

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
it's summer baby

Attachments

• GO7RI4gagAEnU2X.png
    GO7RI4gagAEnU2X.png
    556.9 KB · Views: 1

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I agree that's one of the major areas of need. Sounds like Zad is gonna re-sign in Vancouver. I think people will be surprised how much he gets if he goes to market. This is also his last chance to really cash out.

Or you could give a retirement contract to Skej.

Skej-Doughty
Anderson-Clarke
Gavrikov-Spence
Englund
That works... but pretty soft.. for sure that fixes the lack of offense in the top 4. Then you ask Gav to waive his NMC at the deadline and get a more physical big 3LD... again Bluc wont do anything smart like that because it undermines the illusion the team is a contender.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
That works... but pretty soft.. for sure that fixes the lack of offense in the top 4. Then you ask Gav to waive his NMC at the deadline and get a more physical big 3LD... again Blake wont do anything smart like that because it undermines the illusion the team is a contender.
I agree. They can try and add some toughness to the 4th line I guess. Hiller with his 11/7 can give Englund some shifts.

I think Doughty is a problem as well. He was really good this year, but struggled in the playoffs. He's too old and they ran him into the ground over the course of the season. A high quality dman like Skej could help lighten that load.

I will be calling for Hiller's firing if DD is near the top of the league in TOI again.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

AbsentMojo

Apr 18, 2018
twitter.com
I agree. They can try and add some toughness to the 4th line I guess. Hiller with his 11/7 can give Englund some shifts.

I think Doughty is a problem as well. He was really good this year, but struggled in the playoffs. He's too old and they ran him into the ground over the course of the season. A high quality dman like Skej could help lighten that load.

I will be calling for Hiller's firing if DD is near the top of the league in TOI again.
100% agree about DD.. they talk about his playing time as highest in the league like its a good thing.. and he's been near the top for most of his career. It effects how he plays. He's always in conserve energy mode, rarely pushes play.

CarlSneep

Feb 26, 2023
Drew likes playing with defensive players but he’s usually more effective with an offensive player (like Muzzin) since he generally opens a lot of space for his partner. Looking to trade low for someone like Chabot/Provorov makes a lot of sense to me, to be honest.
They should really be looking to upgrade their top players and pushing guys down rather than getting more tweener players. The best options to upgrade their third line/third pairing are by pushing guys like Moore & Anderson down than anyone they bring in from the outside.

Reactions: AbsentMojo

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
Zadrov is gonna get the Brooks Orpik overpayment of this generation here in a month. He is gonna be paid like a 2nd pair stalwart, and play like he always has prior to this years playoff run.

If he could walk away from the money, he would be an ideal 3rd pair guy for sure, but it ain’t gonna happen.

MonkeysUncle

May 31, 2024
Wait, is it confirmed he’s asked for a trade? If so, good for him.
That’s exactly why they’ll do it though. Hoven has been hinting that they’ll try to sign Roy and that Spence isn’t in their future plans since the season ended, which tracks perfectly with BLuc’s moves over the past three years.
I sure hope they dont move Spence, I would much rather use the money it would cost to sign Roy on a LD1, unless Gavrikov is somehow moved and that money's used on a mobile LD1, if he does move Spence I hope it's for a Ryan Johnson out of Buffalo or first. No need to move for the sake of moving

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
Zadrov is gonna get the Brooks Orpik overpayment of this generation here in a month. He is gonna be paid like a 2nd pair stalwart, and play like he always has prior to this years playoff run.

If he could walk away from the money, he would be an ideal 3rd pair guy for sure, but it ain’t gonna happen.
That's not my read on him. He seems like a guy who's finally figured it out. Sometimes with Dmen it takes until their late 20's.

He's been playing well for the last 2 or 3 years. Not just this PO run.

Trash Panda

May 12, 2021
That's not my read on him. He seems like a guy who's finally figured it out. Sometimes with Dmen it takes until their late 20's.

He's been playing well for the last 2 or 3 years. Not just this PO run.
For the sake of whoever pays that man, I hope you’re right

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad