Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

Yak

Jun 30, 2009
Los Angeles
www.androidheadlines.com
There is going to be a crazy bidding war for him and he is probably going to get overpaid, but man I would rather overpay Ivan Drago here as opposed to Chychrun ten times out of ten. Zadorov is exactly what we have been missing - a big, nasty piece of business who makes opponents nervous as they cross your blue line. Have you seen the size of this dude's melon? I swear that his helmet barely fits...
I'd be very open to trading Norris. Not sure we ever see the the player we once had in his 1st couple of seasons.
His contract is pretty untradeable until he can show he can stay healthy and be more than the perimeter player he was last year.
I was hot on Zadorov since his time and Colorado. He and his wife like the Finer Things in life and to be honest I don't think Ottawa is going to be their place to settle down. He is a beast and he's the type of guy that we need just like that kid who's six foot seven defenseman in the draft, maybe we can turn him into a beast.

You guys are all dreaming about trading Norris he has buyer beware written all over him. He's the ultimate 'swing and hit a home run or miss terribly' type of trade candidate. He's also the guy that if somehow can get his form back is the guy you regret trading. He's the captain's buddy stick, them on long-term reserve injury and hope for the best cuz that's as good as it's going to get. If anything he can be the team mascot. That or maybe he can be our Mark Stone for playoff time......lmfao.

Chychrun is the only hope at bringing back anything worth of value in a trade whether it be a goaltender or a right hand defenseman. A guy like him could go for a ransom at the trade deadline if he's a free agent he's definitely going to be worth the first round pick that we gave up but it's going to be a low pick and probably couple of players. Maybe we can get that first round pick that we forfeited back.I am sure Staios heard a lot of offers regarding him during the trade deadline and probably has a good sense of his value already. I like the guy but honestly he's a bit flaky for me. I was never super high on getting him, I think offense on defense is overrated. I'm more worried about keeping the puck out of my net then I am about having our defense been put it in someone else's. His defense is not very good he is caught out of place watching plays and getting manhandled way often. I also fear that he is going to be injury prone later in his career. If we don't trade them this Summer don't get all excited when he comes out and has a good season this year because it's a contract year it's probably the best we'll ever see him play in his life because he's looking for that retirement contract. Don't be fooled. You will never play this good again and if he plays like crap well that says something else too.I would trade All Star stay at home defenseman for him so fast you wouldn't have time to pack his bags.

redbrick98

Jun 6, 2023
Quality over Quantity in Chychrun trade.

A 1 for 1 trade brings back best value

Sens gotta find their Hossa Heatley trade

Sam Bennett for Chychrun

Nicholas Hague for Chychrun

Radek Faksa for Chychrun

Morgan Geekie for Chychrun

Reactions: DrEasy and Duncstar

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 11.49.06 AM.png

Above is the crop of upcoming 35+ free agents. Is there anybody worth overpaying to attract here?

We are going to be tight to the cap. A 35+ player is eligible for a contract with performance bonuses. Performance bonuses can be used to manage the cap by using soft easy to hit criteria, like 5 or 10 games played. That means, we can sign one of these players and have their cap above the cost of a replacement player effectively held over until next season. (Example, 3M AAV, 1M base salary, we only need 1M in cap to fit them in, not 3M.)

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Above is the crop of upcoming 35+ free agents. Is there anybody worth overpaying to attract here?

We are going to be tight to the cap. A 35+ player is eligible for a contract with performance bonuses. Performance bonuses can be used to manage the cap by using soft easy to hit criteria, like 5 or 10 games played. That means, we can sign one of these players and have their cap above the cost of a replacement player effectively held over until next season. (Example, 3M AAV, 1M base salary, we only need 1M in cap to fit them in, not 3M.)
Not sure about overpay, but I'd love to get Ian Cole and Cal Clutterbuck. Two guys that are physical beasts and will add some more physicality in depth roles.

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
Not sure about overpay, but I'd love to get Ian Cole and Cal Clutterbuck. Two guys that are physical beasts and will add some more physicality in depth roles.
Yeah, there's not much left in the tank for a number of the guys on this list.
Cole and Clutterbuck bring some depth. Pavelkski is still (somehow) playing at a high level at 40 but he's not coming here. Either is PKane. Perron is still going strong and JVR had a decent year in Boston. Those 2 could be options in our search for veteran top-9 players.

Good in Osgoode

Jan 15, 2018
Osgoode
In terms of a UFA top-4 RD, how about Jalen Chatfield of Carolina?
Might be as a result of Pesce's injury, but he has been playing 20+ minutes/game in the playoffs.

I will admit that I don't know a ton about him but looks to have decent size, will be 28 on Wednesday, played for TG in Vancouver, is making league minimum, put up 22pts in 72games this year.

I just get the sense that we are not going to be in the running for RD's like Montour, Roy, Pesce, Walker, Tanev, etc. We are likely going to have to be considering options like Chatfield, who might not be considered a top 4 D-man right now but have the tools to do so given the chance. Would probably jump at a deal like 3 x $3m, which gives flexibility to still grab a top 9F and/or a 1B Goalie. Thoughts on Chatfield?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
My guess is that JVR LW who has some history with Giroux & Shattenkirk RD would be very cheap one yr options who might come here together, last season they had 62 pts combined. Hopefully, they get a better RD during free agency however, they might not either. JVR - Greig - Giroux would be an interesting 3rd line. Should be interesting who Staois is able to convince to come to Ott.

redbrick98

Jun 6, 2023
View attachment 869896

I wouldn't overpay but if I could add Ian Cole ... he's the exact type of SOB we need more of in this team

Emerica

May 29, 2010
In terms of a UFA top-4 RD, how about Jalen Chatfield of Carolina?
Might be as a result of Pesce's injury, but he has been playing 20+ minutes/game in the playoffs.

I will admit that I don't know a ton about him but looks to have decent size, will be 28 on Wednesday, played for TG in Vancouver, is making league minimum, put up 22pts in 72games this year.

I just get the sense that we are not going to be in the running for RD's like Montour, Roy, Pesce, Walker, Tanev, etc. We are likely going to have to be considering options like Chatfield, who might not be considered a top 4 D-man right now but have the tools to do so given the chance. Would probably jump at a deal like 3 x $3m, which gives flexibility to still grab a top 9F and/or a 1B Goalie. Thoughts on Chatfield?
I definitely think he could be an option imo. I like what little i’ve seen from him in the playoffs

Wow. Brutal asset management by Staios.
The asset was worthless by the time he even got here, let alone became GM.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad