Pre-Game Talk: GM#6 Toronto @ Tampa - SNO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
If the Leafs do go onto blow this series, it wil be shocking and our hearts will be torn out.

In the end we have to put up with the humiliation of being a fan of a team that finds a way to break our hearts.

For the majority of us, the Leafs have never won. The Sittler years, Keon, Salming, Gilmour, Clark, Tucker etc.

None of them won.

We can romanticize days gone by and yes wiñing around or 2 would be great, but at the end of the day how is the Leafs winning the Cup going to change our lives outside of being able to brag to our friends thay they did.

I love the thrill and anticipation of every game. I cheer for everyone on the team because the name on the front is bigger than the name on the back.

Dubas and Keefe are here so I hope they find journey next yearsuccess no matter if I agree or disagee with them.

The culture that comes with being a fan is worth the price of admission. The ups, the downs mirrors life and the struggles we all face.

I want nothing more than the Leafs to win so we all fwwl that momentary jubilation. But if they blow it again, I will be rady to start the journey next year, naively believing this is the year
I don't want to think about how I'll feel about next year if we lose this series, too early for that. But since you made me think about it for a moment, I'll just say that the only way I could possibly feel that this could be the year if we blow this one is if some changes are made. But enough about that.

I was old enough to start watching around 1969 or so so yeah, been through all that. And you're right, even with all the misery it's still fun being a fan. But damn, I do believe it would be more fun with more playoff success along the journey. But who knows, maybe this will be the year. ;)

I predicted we'd take it in 5 but that wasn't a serious prediction. Realistically if you told me before the series started that we'd be up 3-2, I'd take that in an instant and I'd be especially happy with that after losing game 1. We're up 3-2, I still love our deadline adds. McCabe's been great and hopefully tomorrow night is when ROR's presence pays massive dividends. We're the better team, now it's time to show it. Time for the players to exorcise those demons and take a big step towards being legends in this town.

Win!

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
Tonight, the Bruins:

- fell behind early
- had a goal called back
- watched their goalie turn into a sieve
- gave up the lead three times in the third period.
- conceded the winner before even getting to overtime

They've used up all the Leafiness. Smooth sailing for the Buds tomorrow.

Reactions: fahad203

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
If Jeremey Jacobs can influence games as some Leafs fans think, I don't think he is going to let the Bruins lose game #7 in their barn ?? He was probably on the bat phone to Gary last night giving him instructions.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Lineup's not bad but if it was me, I'd move ROR and Kines to the 2nd line with Marner. I would also have put Bunting in last game but whatever, agree 100% he should be in next game.

I'd have Lily in for Holl as well but I don't think it's as obvious as people think. Lily didn't play well down the stretch and hasn't played at all in a while so if wouldn't be shocking if he came in and played poorly. I think I'd go with 7 dmen myself. Let Holl kill penalties and ease Lily in, see how it goes, a couple of 4th liners hardly got any minutes anyway and I'd also be giving a lot of minutes to M&M (and Nylander) so 11 forwards is plenty.
Fair enough about the d man. Also you definitely want your best players playing enough minutes tonight. We'll see if he actually does the 11-7 but seems lately you never know what you're going to get for a lineup.

I hope they can finally do it tonight and set their lines better going forward.

Tonight, the Bruins:

- fell behind early
- had a goal called back
- watched their goalie turn into a sieve
- gave up the lead three times in the third period.
- conceded the winner before even getting to overtime

They've used up all the Leafiness. Smooth sailing for the Buds tomorrow.
I really freaking hope so

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
So say Florida beats Boston, it somehow makes it easier for other teams?

If Florida pulls off the upset they definitely shouldn't be taken lightly, I agree.

Although sometimes you see teams empty the tank to pull off an upset, like when Colombus swept Tampa, and not have that same magic.

Of course you also see teams go on runs like when Montreal came back to beat the Leafs a couple years ago.

I do think the Leafs match up better with Florida, but it definitely won't be easy (if they make it there.)

On another note, just watched a TSN video and in the description it mentions Toronto's "game 6 loss." Even they're expecting a loss. :(

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix
Yes that’s how it works….when a great team gets upset by a weaker team..that weaker team never wins the cup.
Maybe in football, but over a 7 game series, typically the better team wins. Florida is no pushover if they get decent goaltending. Watching those games makes me think the Leafs get their doors blown off, it’s intense

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
0-10 isn't some bad luck. These guys are losers who play significantly worse under pressure.

And our spazz of a coach does nothing to help the situation.

Winning one of these games will take some luck.

You just hurt my Leafsoul. :(

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
0-10 isn't some bad luck. These guys are losers who play significantly worse under pressure.

And our spazz of a coach does nothing to help the situation.

Winning one of these games will take some luck.

0-10 isn’t bad luck. But 0-9 vs 0-10 can be. This year’s team is 0-1, we will see tonight if they step up and end it. I get this core, over the past 6 years has not earned the benefit of the doubt, but I’d ask people to keep in mind every year, every team is different. If they become 0-12 then fire away, but the odds are still better then close this series than not.

Hell look over at Boston, up 3-1 in their series vs Florida (much heavier favorites than us vs Tampa) and they are going to game 7.

All that matters is how we finish.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
If I'm being brutally honest if we don't get the puck luck tonight, we lose. This series has actually been pathetic with how badly we've been outplayed.

But I keep falling for the gambler's fallacy - at some point something has to give in these elimination games.

Sep 18, 2009
If I'm being brutally honest if we don't get the puck luck tonight, we lose. This series has actually been pathetic with how badly we've been outplayed.

But I keep falling for the gambler's fallacy - at some point something has to give in these elimination games.
Leafs havent done jack except in game 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad