Goaltending Workload

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
As always injuries are the main factor but injuries aside I would think this is what we are looking at

Henrik Lundqvist
Pekka Rinne
Jonathan Quick
Tuukka Rask
Cam Ward
Carey Price
Kari Lehtonen
Jimmy Howard
Niklas Backstrom
Jonas Hiller
Mike Smith
Miikka Kiprusoff
Antti Niemi
Ilya Bryzgalov

Ryan Miller - I only move him down a teir due to Enroth but Miller will have a long leash
Marc-Andre Fleury - now has Vokun to contend with and his #1 status has be shaky
Ondrej Pavelec - another one of the safer picks but still young and Montoya is a streaky backup
Semyon Varlamov - its really unlikely Gigure would steal the job with how much the Aves have invested in him but Varlamov is still kinda unproven as an #1 NHL starter
Corey Crawford - Ray Emery can't ever be overlooked though again this should be Crawford's job no problem
Craig Anderson - I kinda feel like Ottawa could target him as a buyout and Lehner could get the nod as goalie of the future at any time
Brian Elliott - I feel like his season was a fluke and that he could get yanked at any time

Sleepers
Jonathan Bernier - very unlikely he unseats quick but think back to Thomas Rask. Thomas was coming off a MVP season when Rask moved in. Its possible
Anders Lindback - not sure TBL goalie situation Lindback could take the reigns but has a short leash as Garon can handle a workload
Jacob Markstrom - one of these next 2 seasons will be his coming out party
Robin Lehner - one of these next 2-3 seasons will be his coming out party

Situations to watch and act quickly
Vancouver
Washington
Edmonton
Toronto
Columbus
New York Islanders

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad