Prospect Info: Hershey Bears/South Carolina Stingrays 2023-24 Seasons | Hershey 12x (and Defending) Champions Edition

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Miro was amazing last night. Couple nice back checks. He was physical. He willed his way to that second goal going 1 on 3. I thought this was his best professional game as a member of the Caps/Bears. Glad people are starting to catch on to Trineyev, I was pumping his tires in the prospect polls but didn't seem to get much transaction. He's definitely a future NHL player. Hopefully Day isn't too banged up although I haven't seen a timeline on Iorio yet. I love the 4th line but we're missing Sutters size and style of play. He's skating in a non contact so hopefully he can get back for next series. I'd guess Rybi comes out even though he potted a couple goals. I thought Roe was really good last night. He definitely added some juice that Matty P hasn't been offering. He's done that all season though. Every time you forget he's even on the roster suddenly he's called upon and looks like a star. What a luxury to have for Nelson.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Hershey has some really great small skill guys I just wonder if the attrition of the playoffs if they will last.

I was up on Trineyev as he came over so looks like we know we he has to offer at the AHL level at more of a 4th liner for the NHL. That is ok to good those type of players cooking at the AHL.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Hershey has some really great small skill guys I just wonder if the attrition of the playoffs if they will last.

I was up on Trineyev as he came over so looks like we know we he has to offer at the AHL level at more of a 4th liner for the NHL. That is ok to good those type of players cooking at the AHL.
I can't explain it with facts because I haven't seen, like... any tape but there was something about last year when they won and he had virtually no time with them it seemed like the whole team was chanting "Bogey, Bogey, Bogey" and I don't think that was for nothing.

He strikes me as a guy. Can't place it, won't put numbers or predictions on it, but they love him and I trust that. May or may not even make it depending on the handling but this camp is going to be one to watch because a lot of guys have some make or break type moments.

Reactions: Rayquaza64

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I can't explain it with facts because I haven't seen, like... any tape but there was something about last year when they won and he had virtually no time with them it seemed like the whole team was chanting "Bogey, Bogey, Bogey" and I don't think that was for nothing.

He strikes me as a guy. Can't place it, won't put numbers or predictions on it, but they love him and I trust that. May or may not even make it depending on the handling but this camp is going to be one to watch because a lot of guys have some make or break type moments.
Says a lot about a Russian hockey player also coming over and embracing the role he's given.

usiel

Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Wolfpack are the Rangers affiliate. With them in the playoffs still probably not a great thing for the AHL team but don't know the in and outs of whose up and down in this situation.

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Wolfpack are the Rangers affiliate. With them in the playoffs still probably not a great thing for the AHL team but don't know the in and outs of whose up and down in this situation.
They're really only missing Edstrom and Rempe I think. Jonny Brodzinski is their captain but I think he's spent most of the year in New York. I wasn't really playing attention to other team's clear days, but I imagine he got the Sgarbossa treatment and they didn't chance him to waivers.

Reactions: usiel

Strawberry Fields

12x Calder Cup Champs
Sep 29, 2017
Central PA
Second period moment I glossed over last night because the Phantoms scored shortly after: Attard buried Miro from behind towards the end of a Bears powerplay, then Bogey returned the favor to Attard about a minute or two later. Love to see it. Of course the Phantoms fans greatly preferred one to the other.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Miro was amazing last night. Couple nice back checks. He was physical. He willed his way to that second goal going 1 on 3. I thought this was his best professional game as a member of the Caps/Bears. Glad people are starting to catch on to Trineyev, I was pumping his tires in the prospect polls but didn't seem to get much transaction. He's definitely a future NHL player. Hopefully Day isn't too banged up although I haven't seen a timeline on Iorio yet. I love the 4th line but we're missing Sutters size and style of play. He's skating in a non contact so hopefully he can get back for next series. I'd guess Rybi comes out even though he potted a couple goals. I thought Roe was really good last night. He definitely added some juice that Matty P hasn't been offering. He's done that all season though. Every time you forget he's even on the roster suddenly he's called upon and looks like a star. What a luxury to have for Nelson.
Love this post and the callouts. I too was pumping Trineyev and commented on him in the polls threads 3 times. He is a 4th line guy with 3RW upside in the NHL. He is waivers exempt next year so I’d prefer to bring up Sutter for 4RW and let Trineyev cook one more year. It’s NHL or bust for Sutter. Still need to see Miro be consistent and he may benefit from another year in Hershey (he is waivers exempt as well). Both are big bodies with Miro at 6’1 185 and Trineyev at 6’3 200 lbs.

One player you didn’t mention was Dube. He was awesome on his backchecks and speed. I fear he will have trouble finishing at the NHL level. Same for Frank. But these two RW’s are also small skill guys who could come up next year as well. So we have a lot going on down the right side especially with Leonard slotting in after his sophomore year. Miro of course on left even though he is a righty.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Just got back camping and didn’t have great service. Great to see a huge win. I think Nelly was reading the GDTs this week after benching Phillips. He’s been absolutely dogshit all series and he’s supposed to be an AHL MVP type player. Miro and Dube both get on the board after being scoreless all series. Hopefully Day isn’t hurt too badly. Saw it was that dickhead who cross checked Dube in game 2.

MFHOOD

Apr 29, 2024
View attachment 869165

Not sure I can afford this round... hoping I get another discount for having bought group tickets earlier this year, like I did for the first round... and if not, I hope they make it to round 3, lol.
I'll probably be watching this entire series from home as well, but boy am i glad we sealed our way to the division finals last night!

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I'll probably be watching this entire series from home as well, but boy am i glad we sealed our way to the division finals last night!
Think we're going to try and do every game from game 2 this round on. I grabbed game 5 tickets just in case already. We did every game last year starting round 3 I think and it was a blast.

• Love
Reactions: MFHOOD

MFHOOD

Apr 29, 2024
Hershey and Hartford have met twice before in the postseason: the Wolf Pack took the 2015 Eastern Conference Semifinals 4-2, while the Bears swept Hartford 3-0 in the 2023 Atlantic Division Finals on their way to the franchise's 12th Calder Cup championship. Hartford has advanced to the Division Finals for the second consecutive season after rallying from a 1-0 series deficit against Charlotte with two straight in the opening round, then upsetting the second-place Providence Bruins 3-1 in the Division Semifinals. Three of Hartford's five playoff victories this spring have been earned in overtime.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad