Jack Edwards announces he will retire after this season

SImpelton

Mar 1, 2018
I’ve grown to like him.
Younger me would call me an utter embarrassment for saying it.
But when he was on, he called a good game - he actually did.

Tough to see his delivery diminish, it was time. But stupid he isn’t going out on his sword to the completion of the Bruins season (or on top if they win it all)
Jack finished his season. NESN isn't broadcasting any of the remaining games.

Reactions: TheGroceryStick

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Man, those clips of jack calling games from 2005-2020 are amazing.

Him giving dougie Hamilton a hard time because jack’s a true whalers fan was amazing.

yada

move 2 dallas 4 work
Nov 6, 2006
watching happy pony
Edwards was top tier back when he called national games for ESPN and HDNet. Almost as good as Thorne tbh.

Shit i hated him when he called games for espn, i disliked long before i ever knew he did games for the bruins. First time i heard him was in 03 :thumbd:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Let me guess @Fenway didn’t include a source? I respect what Fenway has done for HFBoards, but the man has been known to just throw things at the wall and hopes something sticks. I could make a list of his claims that were just blatant lies.

All this coming from the guy who thinks Florida has the loudest arena, lmao. Talk about throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Shit i hated him when he called games for espn, i disliked long before i ever knew he did games for the bruins. First time i heard him was in 03 :thumbd:

yeah well, I don't like John Forslund but he seems to be popular with a lot of people. I guess its just personal preference. But Edwards made the games exciting to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad