Player Discussion Joel Edmundson

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
1000018632.png

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
I agree.. He's not signing anywhere to be a 7th d. He's going to get as much money and term as he can.

He was decent, watching him jump in the rush in game 4 only to have the puck not leave the zone and JVR score... that hurt,

He did have some great corner battles, some PK work. So it's not like he sucked - all depend on money, term and role.
Of course. Virtually any blueliner who can play in every game for a playoff team seems incredibly likely to find a top six role somewhere in the NHL during the following season. I just preferred how Lyubushkin fit in overall and think there has to be some sort of change to that group of six which finished off the season (playoffs).

Reactions: seventieslord

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
I would bring him back for sure.

McCabe - Benoit
Edmundson - Lilly

At the very least we know this is an ok bottom 4 on D. All should be affordable. Means maybe we can add one big money dman up front
Lilly has to go, no time for cowards on the D anymore…….

Reactions: CincoHolio

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
Should be an easy offseason for Tre then. Bring everyone back minus Sammy.

"trust me bro"... always

You should tell all the cup winning teams to stop using fancy stats.
You don't have to trust me. Brad knows what he's doing. We all know the type of player we'll be pursuing from now on.

You and the rest of the Dubas club had your chance. You had half a decade and blew it. You couldn't have done much worse to be honest.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Two year term max, would love to retain. Need more of this profile on the back end.

I’ve seen some bruins fans clamouring to sign this guy to stick next to Peeke.
Guys in that position are going to want term, if he’d accept a two year contract at a reasonable cap hit I’d consider resigning him……..

You don't have to trust me. Brad knows what he's doing. We all know the type of player we'll be pursuing from now on.

You and the rest of the Dubas club had your chance. You had half a decade and blew it. You couldn't have done much worse to be honest.
Exactly……..

notbias

Feb 16, 2017

Why does Brad know what he is doing? Genuinely curious about why you think that.

Is it his long history of failure and ruining a franchise?

For as much as people hate Dubas, if I agree with everything you say about him, Treliving is him but older.

ruaware41

Typical
Oct 22, 2019
Should be an easy offseason for Tre then. Bring everyone back minus Sammy.

"trust me bro"... always

You should tell all the cup winning teams to stop using fancy stats.
Over the next two years would be nice to see Sammy liljegren Tavares Brodie Liljegren Marner and potentially Rielly all pack their bags. Just need a re tool and find some good 2-3 ufas potentially; that's not all that impractical which is why I'm not pessimistic going forward rn

Last edited:
Reactions: coupe93

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002

And lets not forget, no picks next year and they would have traded this years too for a plumber. If you can re sign Edmundson, you do so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad