Jonathan Lekkerimaki - Arrived in Abbotsford

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
isn’t there a rule that you have to have been called up at some pt in the RS to be eligible for the playoffs?

if you sign a player not on your reserved list (players you previously drafted or hold the rights to because they are an unsigned rfa previously signed) after the trade deadline they can play in the regular season but not the playoffs

this only really applies to undrafted players and unrestricted free agents

i'm pretty sure if lekkerimaki was unsigned the canucks could sign him five minutes before their lineup is submitted and play him

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
if you sign a player not on your reserved list (players you previously drafted or hold the rights to because they are an unsigned rfa previously signed) after the trade deadline they can play in the regular season but not the playoffs

i'm pretty sure if lekkerimaki was unsigned the canucks could sign him five minutes before their lineup is submitted and play him

He has to be signed before the season ended but otherwise, yeah.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016

Wasn’t this an issue with Radulov and Nashville a long time ago

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad