Podcast (Audio) Keith Yandle & Ed Jovanovski on Spittin Chiclets

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

(19:53)

A really fun interview with Keith Yandle on Spittin Chiclets. Those guys don't give Florida love very often, so it's nice to hear them talk nicely about the Panthers.

Yands talks about many things, including currrent teammates Barky, Hubie, Mush (Marchment), and Verswagy.

I would definitely recommend!

IceKitties

Dec 31, 2017
Florida
It was a great interview. Only positive stuff about the team and good stories.

I know a lot of people here like to rag on him, but he's clearly one of the biggest personalities in the locker room and can still set up good plays on the power play.

Reactions: harv33173

FinlandPanther

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2009
Florida
It was a great interview. Only positive stuff about the team and good stories.

I know a lot of people here like to rag on him, but he's clearly one of the biggest personalities in the locker room and can still set up good plays on the power play.
Yeah he’s really well liked in the room just super frustrating to watch his lackadaisical play in the D zone.

Reactions: IceKitties

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I haven't listened to it yet, but if the benching saga wasn't brought up at all, I'd imagine Yandle requested it. Maybe I'm not giving those two goofs enough credit, but I can't see them avoiding the topic otherwise.

Jacob Roberts

Jan 27, 2011
Jinju, S Korea
A really fun interview with Keith Yandle on Spittin Chiclets. Those guys don't give Florida love very often, so it's nice to hear them talk nicely about the Panthers.

Yands talks about many things, including currrent teammates Barky, Hubie, Mush (Marchment), and Verswagy.

I would definitely recommend!

Whoa! You’ve changed your opinion on the SC guys Gold Cat. They “didn’t have a clue” and “lacked knowledge about the Florida Panthers” earlier in the year. But now that they say nice things...

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Whoa! You’ve changed your opinion on the SC guys Gold Cat. They “didn’t have a clue” earlier in the year. But now that they say nice things...
Well they've completely changed opinions, it seems 180° since the first quarter of the season.
If they've seemed to change, then my take on Yands will change. It's hard to criticize a guy when the team is winning.

Wander

May 12, 2014
I haven't listened to it yet, but if the benching saga wasn't brought up at all, I'd imagine Yandle requested it. Maybe I'm not giving those two goofs enough credit, but I can't see them avoiding the topic otherwise.
From the way the interview's atmosphere was, it seemed like they were just not interested in talking about anything too serious to be honest.

Reactions: violaswallet

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Haven’t listened to it yet, but did they go from “the shit organization!” (Or whatever they said) to everything is all nice just because Yandle was in the room?

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Haven’t listened to it yet, but did they go from “the shit organization!” (Or whatever they said) to everything is all nice just because Yandle was in the room?
No, they never mentioned anything about Florida prior.
It was kind of like: oh, you guys are doing really good blah blah blah. :blah:
They just picked up the story from being really good.

Reactions: FrolikFan67

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014

Yandle doesn't have anything to gain if he ends up discussing whether the Panthers is a shit hockey club or not... and Yandle probably wants to agree beforehand on what topics he's being interviewed on.

batting1k

Mar 3, 2013

These clowns and anyone notable from Massachusetts bow down to Yandle, he’s like a god up there. Yandle could be the worst player the league has ever seen and they’d hold up him like he’s the next coming of Orr, as we saw when talking scratching him came out... these people came out of the woodworks to support him.

Prominence Problem

Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..

(2:01:03)

Great interview they had with Ed Jovanovski. He talks about:
  • His early hockey start, and Junior days
  • First time on the Florida Panthers and the Magical '96 run
  • Time with Vancouver, Team Canada Olympics '02, and the Arizona Coyotes
  • His finalé with Florida, his hip replacement, and his end of his hockey career

I really enjoyed this interview, and I suspect many old Panther fans that got to watch JovoCop play will too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16Skippy

Android 16

Jun 23, 2011
Florida
Summary of the interview.

"I always, always, always... ended up always alwaysing the game always"

Take a shot of Patrón every time he says always.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad