Ligue 1 23-24

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Lyon might run out of runway, but after an historically bad start to the season they’ll be challenging for a European spot.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Incredible game yesterday.
Lille in perfect control, winning 2-0.
Then Benrahma scored a nice goal for 2-1.
And as usual, Cherki came in. And Lyon got back (Cherki wasn't on any goal but it's the usual pattern, he makes defenses panic).
2-2,then 3-2 Lille and yet it ended 4-3 Lyon away.

Reactions: Power Man

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
I’m sure Benrahma doesn’t miss Moyes ball
Paqueta seemed to be better when he was in Lyon

Not saying there is a correlation but … :)

Last edited:

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I'm watching Mbappe's last home game in Paris. I expected pitchforks but the supporters are cheering him on. It did help he took the pitch alongside two PSG legends and Luis Enrique has also made him captain.

PSG starting a lot of subs, as expected, so I'm also curious in watching Toulouse's young Dutch center-forward Dallinga, who's got good numbers in his second year at the club.

Mbappe only takes 8 minutes to score, after an amazing long pass from Arnau Tenas in goal.

Toulouse manage to equalise quickly and are now taking the game to PSG.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Houlgate?
Seems to be a small town so not a lot of potential for professional football should they keep this run going somehow.
Yup.
No, not a lot of potential. But still amazing.

This Zague kid PSG put in at left back is finding this level too much for him at the moment I feel.
He was hyped for a long time but after two terrible seasons, I never thought he'd get any minute with PSG.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
PSG lose 1-3, and it's not like Toulouse was playing for anything else but pride. It was just Asensio and Lee who seemed like they wanted Mbappe to go on a high note, everyone else was either bad or just checked out and mentally on holiday already.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Interesting, the UNFP trophies have elected their starting XI. WZE, Yoro are on it.

But Datascout has made its starting XI using data and the results are highly different :

Y. Fofana deserves to be on it, and Singo probably as well. Auba was crazy hot in the second part but absolutely terrible in the first half and shouldn't be on the team instead of a Golovin.
OTOH, Todibo was amazing in the first half but much more human in the second half.
Good to see Doue and Merlin make it here.

Reactions: The Marquis

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
What type of player is LB Locko? Don't remember ever seeing him play, or at least have no recollection of his play even if I saw him in some matches.

Based on the stats, doesn't seem to score a lot at least (1 goal in 4 seasons). Weren't both Reims and Brest quite attackin during his time? Seems to have good height for a FB (1,80 m)

Does he have future with the French NT or is he more likely to end up representing Congo?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Locko is very interesting. He's excellent defensively, but is very adept offensively.
I think he could have a future with the NT, but with Theo still fairly young, not anytime soon.
If he's patient, he could very well end up being the backup for a while before taking over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad