OT: Nats, Wiz, O's, Ravens, Terps, Navy, Gtown, Mystics, Golf, Summer 2022

Sep 19, 2008
the team is rebuilding there's no need for lebron. it would be like the jordan days. never competing for titles, just hovering around .500. Isn't the point to tank more, and for the next 4 years?

Tank again, hope for Flagg (2025 draft class projected to be much better than this one), rinse and repeat

Reactions: usiel

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010

Cappy76

Sponsor
Sep 1, 2005
London, Kentucky

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Wouldn’t we rather try and trade Kuzma during the season so they get a first in next year’s draft? What’s the rush to acquire three first round picks for this year’s draft?
I think they have to analyze the potential buyers, and with a stronger 2025 draft, maybe there aren’t as many willing trade partners for next year?

He also just had a career year, so will his value ever be higher?

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Wouldn’t we rather try and trade Kuzma during the season so they get a first in next year’s draft? What’s the rush to acquire three first round picks for this year’s draft?
100% agreed. This draft sucks, and you already have two first rounders. There are already three guys from next year's clash that'd each go before anyone in the 2024 class, and it's very early in the process.

Kuz is on a great contract for his production. Someone will give up a future first for him. Just wait on that.

I am a huge advocate of drafting Bronny and holding the Lakers' feet to the coals to extract max value, though. He's an undrafted-level prospect without his name, but you know LeBron will force them to get him. Maybe try to get a 2026 or 2027 pick swap?

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I think they have to analyze the potential buyers, and with a stronger 2025 draft, maybe there aren’t as many willing trade partners for next year?

He also just had a career year, so will his value ever be higher?
Someone will trade a first for him given his production and contract value, especially if they know they have no shot at the lottery.

And honestly, I’d rather just hold onto him for the beginning of the season than jettison him for a late first rounder who probably won’t turn out to be as good as he is. If that tanks his value a bit so be it but it seems rash to trade him now unless it’s part of other moves. This rebuild is going to take a while and they shouldn’t try to accelerate it by trading away their best trade chip for less than they can get.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Someone will trade a first for him given his production and contract value, especially if they know they have no shot at the lottery.

And honestly, I’d rather just hold onto him for the beginning of the season than jettison him for a late first rounder who probably won’t turn out to be as good as he is. If that tanks his value a bit so be it but it seems rash to trade him now unless it’s part of other moves. This rebuild is going to take a while and they shouldn’t try to accelerate it by trading away their best trade chip for less than they can get.
Rather large assumption…..of course nobody wants one of a few bad scenarios….

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Heh at the NBA combine, Bronny measured 6’1.5, not the 6’3 listed at USC, but also came in at 210, has added muscle, was under 200 at USC.

Also shot the ball extraordinarily well in the 3 point drill. Apparently had a very good day one…

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
John Hollinger has Holland, Castle, Clingan as the top 3. Sarr is at 5.

On Sarr:

If you’re looking for physicality on top of that package, you have perhaps come to the wrong place. Sarr will undoubtedly improve in this phase as his body fills out, and the extreme physicality of the NBL may have highlighted this weakness a bit more than other environments. However, a 13.3 percent rebound rate from a 7-1 center is sad-trombone stuff and a good indication of his deficits here. (By comparison, Ariel Hukporti, a meh 7-footer who will likely be picked late in the second round, had a 21.6 percent rebound rate in the same league.)

Sarr’s lack of physicality arrives over the offensive end, where he has no post game to speak of. He tries to make up for it with 3-point shooting and play from the elbows, but he’s still not NBA-caliber in these realms. He tends to dribble himself into trouble when he puts it on the floor more than once, and his 3-point shot has a sidespin on it that makes it difficult to trust. (He shot 27.6 percent from 3 and 70.7 percent from the line in Australia.)
On Holland

I think Holland is only going to measure 6-6 at the NBA Draft Combine, he shot a ghastly 24 percent from 3 in the G League, and his avert-your-eyes start to the G League season — including an 11-turnover game — had scouts shuddering.

Now, for the good news: He came into the year as the top-rated player on most boards, had better numbers with G League Ignite than any other one-and-done in its history … and somehow went careening down draft boards anyway, even in a draft year where absolutely nobody came in and claimed the top spot for themselves.

I don’t really get it. The biggest complaint with Holland is his lack of efficiency, but that was baked in the second Ignite built this roster. Virtually any teenager put in a situation where he has to carry a 30 percent usage rate is going to struggle; we saw it with LaMelo Ball in Australia and Scoot Henderson in Portland. Holland was no different, especially since he’s not a natural point guard in the first place. Playing on a team with no real creator, he often had to call his own number against loaded-up defenses.

Did he get tunnel vision once he put it on the floor? Absolutely. Was it so tragic to rule him out versus other non-overwhelming options? I don’t think so, especially as the season wore on.

Reactions: sycamore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad