League News: NHL Talk - (News n' Scores n' Stuff) | 2023-24 Regular Season Edition

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
But the consequences are stepped up - it's his 3rd time in, so he can't be reinstated for at least 6 months, and he doesn't get paid during that time.
some tough love, but also a recognition that he needs more intensive help, I imagine.

Was it that he was using or that he got caught moving it? Because I thought I remembered something about him being caught coming back in from Canada and that could technically be a different offense as far as termination goes.
My recollection as well.

Reactions: HTFN

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Maybe he needs help. Some call me wok. I lean right. But people have some deamons. Some make excuses. Some attack it. Important for all to look at both. Lift those up who are trying. But give tough love. They need it. They want it.

back to hockey. Winning matters!

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Jeez these final 8 teams are all putting up a fight (except Colorado which is pissing me off).

Boston fought back - hopefully they lose next game.
Canes fighting back - would love to see them reverse sweep the Rags.
Oilers and Canucks much closer series than I thought it would be. Definitely a smart move giving Pickard the start tonight.
I think Colorado are toast. They have looked awful the last couple of games and Dallas seem to know exactly how to shut them down now.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Jeez these final 8 teams are all putting up a fight (except Colorado which is pissing me off).

Oilers and Canucks much closer series than I thought it would be. Definitely a smart move giving Pickard the start tonight.
I think Colorado are toast. They have looked awful the last couple of games and Dallas seem to know exactly how to shut them down now.

Oilers pooping the bed late in period :(.

Nevermind, goal!

Reactions: PlushMinus

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles

Avs got away from playing good team defense, and Kuemper/Francouz were better than Gorgiev has shown.

Oilers pooping the bed late in period :(.

Nevermind, goal!
A lot of dumb teams in the NHL nowadays in regard to keeping it tied or holding a lead very late in the game.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
I don't think Georgiev was the problem in game 4. A lot of Avs fans were saying he was the ONLY one who played well and his team's heads were somewhere else - gee I wonder where?

Dallas seem to be very well coached and are able to play that awful trapping style that stops teams getting decent o-zone time. It helps that Oettinger is playing really well also - after having a shaky few games against Vegas.

I don't think Pickard is a better goalie than Skinner?? But playoff nerves can wreak havoc with some of these starting goalies. I think a lot of the time you'll see a backup / rookie etc get an opportunity and they really shine. Silovs is doing it in Vancouver. Pickard was good tonight but save percentage of .900 isn't setting the world on fire either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad