Speculation: Nikolaj Ehlers

Nickel eye Heel hers

Happy thoughts
Feb 12, 2016
granola island, BC
I have the feeling Jets fans are going to be disappointed with the return we are going to get for Ehlers.
I agree with you but likely for entirely different reasons.
Ehlers During the regular season, to beat a dead horse was quite literally one of the Jets forwards and has been for years. Statistics back this up. Injuries have not helped his career or his playoff success in the past but when healthy, Ehlers is a top line player skill and result wise.

Now why I agree with you that the Jet fan base is going to be disappointed with the trade results.
Coach Bowness had a system where the shutdown line/ Lowry line received the 2nd most playing time. Ehlers was constantly given 3rd line minutes partly due to a system that the previous coach used. Coaches have refused to play Ehlers consistently on the first line which brings speculation that Scheifele tells the coaches who he is willing to play with and they listen or they have in the past tried and failed to create two strong scoring lines. Ehlers also has a tendency to want to be creative and play a East/ West style that coaches and some players struggle with. Add injuries to this, and it probably weakens his perceived value.

Reactions: hn777

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad