WC: Norway 2024 roster talk

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no
K Olimb is finito. He had 9 points in DEL.

Regarding Paulsen, he has stone hands. Let T.Olsen or Bakke Olsen have his spot on 3rd line.
In a top6 on the NT he is finished with guys like Zuccarello, Thoresen and Brandsegg Nygård eligible.
He was very good in box play last WC, so I still se him in a 3rd or 4th line and box play.

Berg Paulsen also is a good fit in a 3rd or 4th line.
We are gonna see some rotation with a tight schedule, so I think we are gonna make use of all these players(T.Olsen, Bakke Olsen) in different line combinations.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no
A excpected result(5-2) against a strong Switzerland. Deserved win for them and they're very good team with Josi and Hischier, they'll cause trouble for every team in this tournament

Goalkeeping from Arntzen was not top notch, we've to have goalkeepers on at least 95% to win against teams of this calibre. A great goalie would have stopped three of those goals, and the 4-1 goal is a giveaway from Isak Hansen. Maybe Haukeland tomorrow against Czechia.

1.line was really good with zuccarello, thoresen, Salsten.
Nice to get our power play going with a nice goal from Brandsegg Nygård. I want to have Brandsegg Nygård in the 1.st line. 3.rd line was weak, we need to rotate a little on the 3.rd line, and have a more experienced player to drive that line.

Back depth is a weakness on this team. but Stain Solberg showed him self well. Very important game tonight in the AHL, Syracuse-Rochester final game. A Rochester win and Lilleberg will join us very soon, lets hope so.

Last edited:
Reactions: Summer Rose

Heia Norge

Mar 14, 2012
Norway
A excpected result(5-2) against a strong Switzerland. Deserved win for them and they're very good team with Josi and Hischier, they'll cause trouble for every team in this tournament

Goalkeeping from Arntzen was not top notch, we've to have goalkeepers on at least 95% to win against teams of this calibre. A great goalie would have stopped three of those goals, and the 4-1 goal is a giveaway from Isak Hansen. Maybe Haukeland tomorrow against Czechia.

1.line was really good with zuccarello, thoresen, Salsten.
Nice to get our power play going with a nice goal from Brandsegg Nygård. I want to have Brandsegg Nygård in the 1.st line. 3.rd line was weak, we need to rotate a little on the 3.rd line, and have a more experienced player to drive that line.

Back depth is a weakness on this team. but Stain Solberg showed him self well. Very important game tonight in the AHL, Syracuse-Rochester final game. A Rochester win and Lilleberg will join us very soon, lets hope so.
To bad Erlend Lesund isn't playing anymore. Yes, the lack of depth on the D is hurting us.

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no
To bad Erlend Lesund isn't playing anymore. Yes, the lack of depth on the D is hurting us.
And no Lilleberg in this wc either, Syracuse won against Rochester this night. Milwaukee-Texas is 2-2 in matches so far, last game tomorrow night. So if Milwaukee wins we might have Emilio Pettersen ready against Denmark. Back depth could have been better....

Think we should do some rotation on the lines, Zuccarello with his playmaking and great passes deserves to play with a great finisher, so put Brandsegg Nygård into the 1.line. Thoresen can play center, he used to do that many times in SKA St.Petersburg in KHL so he knows the role.

Split the third line. Salsten can be a good fit in the third line. It is better for them play with a more experienced player at this level to drive the line.
No that Lilleberg is out give Hurrød a chanche as back. He have fresh legs after resting yesterday.

Haukeland try him out aswell.

My suggestion against Czechia.

GK: Haukeland.

Backs:
Johannesen-Solberg.
Nørstebø-Hurrød
Kåsastul-Vold Engbråten
Krogdahl

Forward lines.
Zuccarello-Thoresen-Brandsegg Nygård.
Steen-Vikingstad-Thomas Olsen
Berg Paulsen-Salsten-Trettenes
Martinsen-Vesterheim-Rønnlid

Reactions: Heia Norge

Joka12

Apr 13, 2022
Emilio Pettersen will join the team now that Texas Stars is out of the playoffs.
I doubt he will be ready for the game against Denmark tomorrow, but Hopefully he will be there against Canada on thursday.

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no
It'll be interesting to see if Mathias Emilio arrives and what he can do. Maybe he is ready against Canada?

Zuccarello resting today? Same thing with Nørstebø, he wasn't playing either.

It will be interesting against the danes tomorrow, we really need three points now to avoid a do or die game against GB in the last round.

Nah, we really need better back depth. Some good puckmoving Ds is needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: PanniniClaus

Playmaker82

May 2, 2023
Norway
Zucca not injured. He was sick. And where does it say thst Pettersen is coming? I know he was scheduled to have his exit physicals today with Texas. But havent heard anything since.

Joka12

Apr 13, 2022
What is the latest on Lesund injury, will he be back for OQT?
No idea, but hopefully he will. If both him and Lilleberg is ready for the OQT our defence will be much stronger. I also hope that Granath will be back on the NT by then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad