Official 2024 NHL Draft Thread

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
That's exactly what the deal is. I think he's a top 10 player but if you think he's a bad person then he's off your board.

Don't want anything to do with Kiviharju. Maybe he makes me look like an idiot but I think he's a bottom pair/tweener guy.

Oh now you drop this knowledge after I take a swing on him in the mock in the mid-20's.

I actually did a little more watching after the pick as I was a little rushed and I am less sure on the decision but too late now!

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
Oh now you drop this knowledge after I take a swing on him in the mock in the mid-20's.

I actually did a little more watching after the pick as I was a little rushed and I am less sure on the decision but too late now!
I never liked him either tbf, I seriously think he'd be a bottom pair guy, don't like anything about his game, I have him as a mid-late 2nd rounder on my list

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly

I’ve been wrong before about guys and I’ll be wrong again bb, could be about him this time :dunno:. Pretty sure Appleyard likes him if that makes you feel any better.

Reactions: pit

Kelmitchell2

Aug 30, 2020
I’ve been wrong before about guys and I’ll be wrong again bb, could be about him this time :dunno:. Pretty sure Appleyard likes him if that makes you feel any better.
Yes he did say he liked him a while back, but one thing people need to remember is some of us look for certain things and like different things, none of us are perfect when it comes to scouting (the majority of us are better than the flyers staff at doing it) I don't think he's a bad player, just not someone I'm drafting in the first round if I had a say in the matter lol

Reactions: BigToe and pit

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I assume that CBJ will defer the 2nd round pick until next year. Does anyone think they'll let the Flyers take it now if the guy they like isn't there at 36?

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
I assume that CBJ will defer the 2nd round pick until next year. Does anyone think they'll let the Flyers take it now if the guy they like isn't there at 36?
I would think CLB would hope to finish higher in the standings next year. Is there any benefit for them giving it up this year unless they suspect they’ll be worse next season?

Reactions: Chicken N Raffls

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
I would think CLB would hope to finish higher in the standings next year. Is there any benefit for them giving it up this year unless they suspect they’ll be worse next season?
I agree, just wondering, if they are intending to tank, they might hope to be just as bad in a 'better' draft, although I'm in no position to judge.

Henry Miller

Sep 5, 2020
I agree, just wondering, if they are intending to tank, they might hope to be just as bad in a 'better' draft, although I'm in no position to judge.
The Blue Jackets are weird. Idk what they’re trying to do, granted, I don’t really pay attention to them. I thought they would have been much improved this year but they sucked. They’ll probably suck next year too, at least. Maybe they’ll hope to be good next year and want their 2nd as a deadline trade chip. I doubt it though but I’d like 36 this year. Regardless, the Flyers should have a deep prospect pool after next year anyway

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

If I were them (and this is legal, I don’t know that it is), I’d be going to Brière and offering him a side deal where they give us the pick this year instead of next in exchange for additional assets.

Larry44

#FireTortsNOW
Mar 1, 2002
If I were them (and this is legal, I don’t know that it is), I’d be going to Brière and offering him a side deal where they give us the pick this year instead of next in exchange for additional assets.
That would be legal, why not? Why would the Flyers give up much for the privilege?

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
That would be legal, why not? Why would the Flyers give up much for the privilege?
It seemed reasonable to me, but leagues put weird conditions on trading sometimes, and I didn't know if there was any prohibition about making a separate deal where the only thing a team gets in return is the exercise of a prior conditional pick.

From the Flyers' perspective, I'm not giving up a prime pick or prospect for the privilege or anything, but I could see Columbus wanting to get the obligation out of the way and pick up an extra 4th or w/e, and from the Flyers' perspective, I don't know that we're looking at 33-35 from Columbus next year, so I'd probably rather have the pick this year to lock in an extra year of development, and get potentially a better player.

Reactions: Larry44

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Columbus may hope to finish higher but it’s not like they will be making the playoffs. They more likely then not are picking in the top 10 again. So is the 36th pick in this draft better than the 42nd pick in next year’s draft? The Flyers might not be the only team to consider next years’ draft better.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I expected to feel the same, but Greentree actually looked pretty good at the U18s. Skates well, has good hands. I'll have to watch the CHL prospects game and the U18 games I have PVRd to get a better handle on a couple of these kids.

The OHL Final with London vs Oshawa should be good. Ontario Hockey League

Greentree is an awful Hockey name. Pass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad