OT: Other Sports 82

southsideIrish

Nov 23, 2019
One of Saturn's moons
Cubs bullpen sucks and the Brewers really just don’t lose. It’s all going really well.

The start to the season was so unbelievably bad that it was bound to even out a little at some point.
True, but going from 3 wins in 25 games to 9 in 15 is a marked change. Not saying it will last but still - at least they're showing a pulse.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
I joked today that the Cubs might be better throwing a position player in there half the time.

Even Neris, who has mostly done his job, is just a wild rollercoaster every time he’s out there. 12 BB in 14 innings is extremely unideal.
Neris is a walking widow maker and he's one of the best options out of the pen. It's brutal. It was known going in it was gonna be bad going into the year. It's an extremely cheap fix for decent to good and the Cubs still rolled the dice instead of spending money on pretty good.

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Adbert came in up three with a man on second. Save opportunity. Two pitches later no outs it's a one run game. And that's considered a good outcome because he didn't totally shit his pants and they held on.

Not only gave up the HR, but then also proceeded to walk the next batter as well. So tying run was on base with no outs 8 pitches into the inning. I hate to sound positive about the situation, but I am honestly shocked the Cubs were able to hold on at that point. I thought it was over for sure.

Reactions: DisgruntledHawkFan

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Bigger problem for the Cubs: Alzohay or Happ?

Alzolay. Bullpen needs a ton of help, and I can’t really understand the massive fallout from last year. I understand him not being a great closer, but what’s happened this year is just wild. Hope he finds it again, because I still think he could be a serviceable closer. Just not what you need if you’re actually trying to contend.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Alzolay. Bullpen needs a ton of help, and I can’t really understand the massive fallout from last year. I understand him not being a great closer, but what’s happened this year is just wild. Hope he finds it again, because I still think he could be a serviceable closer. Just not what you need if you’re actually trying to contend.

I personally think they are equally a problem. Happ being a black hole in the lineup is not what I had on the bingo card for this year. I am hoping they call Canario up and platoon him in LF with Tauchman and bench Happ for awhile.

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I personally think they are equally a problem. Happ being a black hole in the lineup is not what I had on the bingo card for this year. I am hoping they call Canario up and platoon him in LF with Tauchman and bench Happ for awhile.

I’ve never fully trusted Happ, so maybe that’s part of it with me. I am sure he will figure it out eventually, though, and at least be serviceable.

On the other hand.. idk about Alzolay. And the Cubs really need him to figure it out eventually.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad